CrazyBoards.org

Still accepting the whole bipolar diagnosis.  Signature not accurate because I'm on my phone.

more importantly though--I'm trying to make heads or tails of my sleep situation.  I'm clearly hypo if not fully manic, but I've given up on deciding between the two.  What I don't get (among other issues) is how my sleep has been working.  When I was IP, I would take my sleep meds around 8:15 and all nights except the last one be asleep by 8:45.  Then I would wake up much earlier than desired but be too awake to go back to sleep.  

Yesterday and the day before, I had trouble getting. To sleep with the prescribed amount.  Last night I added Benadryl because I was worried I would be up too late.  It knocked me out rather quickly (10:00iah) and other than a mid-morning wake up around 2:45am, I slept through until at least 6:45. if today is like yesterday, though, I'll be unable to sleep during the day, despite being tired, and despite having slept enough.

anyone have this problem before?  Or have any suggestions?  I'm seeing pdoc shortly so hopefully he will have ideas...I could see just bumping the seroquel up because I need it for the mood and possible psychosis part anyway.  Who knows though.

One suggestion I have is to tell pdoc this and how you are having a hard time with sleeping, then ask pdoc to tweak med/s to see if that will work.  I think I said this in another thread, but I really think it would help. 

I'm also thinking that maybe if your sleep got back on track you might not feel "all over the place" (sorry, I couldn't think of another word/s to describe everything you are going through without good sleep), with dealing with your sleep.

Thanks--you did suggest it and you're absolutely right.  I'll write down the specifics so I don't forget and just go with the hope that my description is accurate.  I also hope that I'd be a little less all over the place with consistent sleep (your phrasing is accurate, not insulting). 

thanks for all the help melissa (and others on CB that are helping me reorient my head).

2 hours ago, dancesintherain said:

Thanks--you did suggest it and you're absolutely right.  I'll write down the specifics so I don't forget and just go with the hope that my description is accurate.  I also hope that I'd be a little less all over the place with consistent sleep (your phrasing is accurate, not insulting). 

thanks for all the help melissa (and others on CB that are helping me reorient my head).

You're welcome :)  I hope your appt goes well for you and that your pdoc listens to everything you say.