CrazyBoards.org

I'm taking 15mg a day and have found it increases my anxiety horribly. Mainly to do with driving, it's gotten to the point that if I have to drive more than a couple miles I won't go. Anyone else had this issue? Any suggestions? It's starting to cause problems in my marriage and isn't helpful with having children who need/want to go places. 

I've recently started abilify and had some internal restlessness/agitation issues.  It sounds like they might be similar?  Mine don't relate to specific issues though. 

My pdoc thought it could be related, though not 100% sure, so we've left that dose as is for now b/c other things are more critical (namely, mood and sleep).  But his thought was to modify the abilify if the ativan and seroquel increases don't get rid of this feeling.  He's also had it go away after a bit for a fair number of people. 

I am on 30 mg of Abilify and it does not increase my anxiety. 

Although I'm now thinking how I have been on meds that are specifically for anxiety all along since starting with Abilify, which could have been blocking the anxiety.  Idk though.  But overall I haven't experienced any anxiety from taking it.

Is there a chance that you can ask your pdoc for something to help the anxiety?  I mean if the abillify seems to be helpful for you except for the anxiety, maybe a med for anxiety, even if PRN, might help.

Abilify caused me anxiety, but my dose range was 2-5 mg, and never anything higher that. At the time, I was also taking Depakote and Prozac, so Abilify just wasn't for me. Everyone is different in their reactions to meds, however I think that agitation/jitters/anxiety are relatively common with Abilify.