CrazyBoards.org

The past couple weeks, I've been noticing things repeating- for instance, last night, my husband mentioned the Ghostbusters, and within 30 seconds, there were people dressed as Ghostbusters at the baseball game we were watching.

That's kind of a crappy example, and I'm not at the point where I feel like these coincidences have some kind of meaning ingrained in them, but maybe it's not a coincidence that I'm noticing these things more frequently. Is this a symptom of having delusions? Do you guys notice patterns and coincidences a lot? I feel kind of special thinking that this is happening for my entertainment...

I think there's a branded cultural word outside of our heads that evaluates the franchise of ghostbusters and movies alike,

They are betting at it as a 'coming back' thing.

You can see this happening in everything that the research and marketing planned.

Which will include a bunch of media even disguised in 'click baits news' or at franchised products.

If they succeed you will see more and more of those things and even a another movie announced.

It's pop culture and it's happening to make money.

1 hour ago, heilmania said:

The past couple weeks, I've been noticing things repeating- for instance, last night, my husband mentioned the Ghostbusters, and within 30 seconds, there were people dressed as Ghostbusters at the baseball game we were watching.

That's kind of a crappy example, and I'm not at the point where I feel like these coincidences have some kind of meaning ingrained in them, but maybe it's not a coincidence that I'm noticing these things more frequently. Is this a symptom of having delusions? Do you guys notice patterns and coincidences a lot? I feel kind of special thinking that this is happening for my entertainment...

I think it's rather natural to notice coincidences. It only would be worrisome if you became fixated on it as believed it was a special message for you.

58 minutes ago, uncomfortable thoughts said:

I think there's a branded cultural word outside of our heads that evaluates the franchise of ghostbusters and movies alike,

They are betting at it as a 'coming back' thing.

You can see this happening in everything that the research and marketing planned.

Which will include a bunch of media even disguised in 'click baits news' or at franchised products.

If they succeed you will see more and more of those things and even a another movie announced.

It's pop culture and it's happening to make money.

You mean, like iphones?

2 minutes ago, jt07 said:

You mean, like iphones?

I think iPhones have more utility than a ghostbuster tea set or vacum cleaner, but what would I know?

If I want to vacum clean would be cool to have a ghostbuster vacum cleaner.

If I would choose a smart phone I would choose iPhone.

Is Apple product presentations and events looking like cults?

I think they do.

Because they are introducing and delivering less and less innovation and people seems so surprised at those conventions.

But at then end of the day.

I don't see many people dressed as iPhones or buying McDonald's iPhones toys or going to a night out to see an iPhone movie...

It's not like you would franchise the iPhone but you would franchise technology for it.

You would franchise for an example an official iPhone Ghostbuster accessories or a new kind of wire or universal charger for travels...

It certainly has potential to franchise official products but not in the same way as a movie.

I've spent a !of of time watching for coincidences and reading meaning into them. This started when I was 16 or 17 and comes and goes. The more psychotic I am the easier it is to see coincidences a d the easier it is to see it as a message to me.

3 hours ago, heilmania said:

Do you mean like everything double checks itself?  Like when I hear a word that I haven't heard for a long time, I end up hearing it for a 2nd time by someone else in the same day.  It usually is a word of phrase I rarely use and don't hear it often.  But when I hear for the 2nd time I say to myself "that double checked," as if it is a normal thing.

It isn't a special message, it just happens.  But almost all comes from words/phrases I haven't heard from awhile.  I don't think much of it, but it does remind me of the days when I was off meds because there were similar things going on in my head then.

22 minutes ago, melissaw72 said:

Do you mean like everything double checks itself?  Like when I hear a word that I haven't heard for a long time, I end up hearing it for a 2nd time by someone else in the same day.  It usually is a word of phrase I rarely use and don't hear it often.  But when I hear for the 2nd time I say to myself "that double checked," as if it is a normal thing.

It isn't a special message, it just happens.  But almost all comes from words/phrases I haven't heard from awhile.  I don't think much of it, but it does remind me of the days when I was off meds because there were similar things going on in my head then.

Yes, that sounds similar. Sometimes things will answer questions, too. Like, I'll have the TV on, but be tuning it out, talking to my husband. He'll ask a question, and the TV will answer, and it seems fitting.

It just seems like all of this holds more weight than it used to. It's like things are way more connected than my rational self knows they are. Like I'm really good at noticing the world around me. 

1 hour ago, Bellatrix said:

I've spent a !of of time watching for coincidences and reading meaning into them. This started when I was 16 or 17 and comes and goes. The more psychotic I am the easier it is to see coincidences a d the easier it is to see it as a message to me.

It makes me feel like I'm special, because no one else noticed that crazy thing that just happened.