CrazyBoards.org

whey protein and ocd

i took today whey protein after training and it made my ocd so strong that i was so afraid nervous and paranoid...is it just in my head or is it even possible?i asked a doctor told me there was nothing wrong with whey protein i have also noticed that when i first start zolof it made my ocd so severe that it got better gradually.... so maybe its the same im reallly confused thanks for ur help...

How long have you been training? 

Whey protein, for me, doesn't affect my anxiety (FWIW I don't suffer from OCD but I do suffer from Social Phobia). Training however is another story. I tend to get that "exercise high" during strength and 'high intensity' cardio training thanks to endorphin's. I also tend to get restless and anxious afterwards. This article on livestrong(dotcom) talks about some reasons this can happen, and it makes a lot of sense.

I also found some other personal experiences having anxiety after exercise on reddit that may help.

I don't know how whey protein (or other protein supplements) affect the brain or if it could worsen anxiety. But I definitely experienced heightened anxiety after training because of my brains reaction to the exercise.