CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
Asho2345

Anyone On The OCD Spectrum Want To Share

On 14/7/2016 at 6:04 PM, Asho2345 said:

Same as the threads on the other sections, thought one would be good here

Well I have problems whit obsessive thoughts even do I have an schizoid disorder.

Currently my obsessions are screweing things up whit a girl that I like and thinking she is talking to another men or she likes another men or that she is tired of me, that takes me to the point o thinking the worst every time she replies  a short message.

And second but not less powerful is my obsession whit sex, to be specific whit my foot and high heels fetish, I just have the obsession of making out whit the girl i see wearing sandals or high heels.

Both obsessions are hell.

My OCD has been out of control again. I took a test with my tdoc and I'm in the "severe" category again (used to be "moderate"). I hate this. I feel like no one understands how horrible it feels to have OCD. It's not taken seriously enough. It's hell. 

@aura Sorry to hear it's been out of control again. That really really sucks. I do get how sometimes no one takes it seriously. It's probably because of all the that are "so OCD" when all they do is keep things organized or carry a hand sanitizer around. It's become somewhat of a joke. One time my OCD was out of control and I told my tdoc at the time, her response was, "just stop doing the compulsions." Like NO FUCKING SHIT. OMG WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT. WOW. 

Hope it gets under control soon. 

@iaawal Wow. I can't believe your tdoc said that. That sucks. I'm lucky that mine specializes in OCD (though it can be a problem too when I'm having more bipolar/psychosis issues... she always wants to attribute what's going on to OCD).

@aura Yeah, I once cut myself and couldn't figure out why (emotional numbness) so she suggested that I cut myself to have something to talk about in therapy. I just wanted to slap her. Shortly after I stopped seeing her. 

That's great that she specializes in OCD but I can understand the frustration. I feel there is some overlap in obsessions and delusions or rather a fine line. With driving mine become borderline delusions. Like the reason I can't find the bodies that I run over is because an alien came and took them away. The reason I can't feel them when I run over them is because humans are flat. Regardless, they do feel different so I can understand the frustration when it's not being understood. At least for me, one has a solution (or prevention or something) and the other is just there and it's true and that's it.

• Like 1

Starting up CBT (particularly exposure and response prevention) for OCD again this week. Made two small adjustments and so far I'm handling it well. Next week is full on exposure time.

I want the OCD to go away so badly, but I'm also so scared! I'm not 100% convinced my checking measures are unreasonable. My tdoc has been doing a lot of challenging my thoughts, but still it's hard. I see her once a week, but I live this all the time.

Hi guys, 

I seem to have a much milder 'version' of OCD. It's still distressing for me though :-(
A thought got stuck and I worry about it. Keep paying attention to it. It's a little like being extremely aware of a thought and then obsess about why it won't go away. The first time this happened to me was when I was around 19 years old. I became incredibly averted to having this certain word stuck in my mind. It will only go away when I'm really distracted. After that it will come back....and I worry over it again. 
I always look for reassurance on the internet. It works for a while, but then I go look for more info again. I did learn to stop this in the past but lately I feel so anxious!

There have been good periods, but it keeps coming back. SSRI's helped a lot ( seemed in remission for about 5 years) but the last one pooped out on me so now I'm trying another one.

My grandmother was an obsessive cleaner, my dad hypochondriac, my sister bites the skin around her nails and on my mothers side there's addiction to alcohol and gambling. My mom was severely depressed after I was born....
I have bad genetics I suppose...

I'm super nervous about therapy tomorrow. We're going to do an exposure surrounding my car OCD (looots of checking). I've been so unstable mood-wise the past two years that OCD treatment was put on the backburner. Now I need to pull myself together and start exposures again. Anyone else go through this?

• Like 1

@aura, I tried ERP (exposure response prevention) briefly, but it didn't work out for me.

It has worked for a lot of folks, though, and I wish you the best with it..

I wish I drove. There are many things I can't do because I don't have a car (or friends).

Go to meetups because apparently all the lesbians hang out in places on the other side of town that are not on my bus route and would be $30 each way on uber or even more with surge prices or taxis. There's only one mental health meetup that I can go too because it's accessible by bus. 

I had to quit the only gym on my bus route because I could get there in the evening but the bus going the other way doesn't stop by my apartment so it would require lots of walking home or ubers. I can't go in the mornings because I can't get there but I could get to work. So lots of walking or ubers. Let's not even get started on weekend schedules. Walking or ubers both ways. 

I don't feel ready to tackle that though and I don't have anyone that I would trust to be in a car with me to help me. I know myself. If I don't feel ready and I push myself over my limits then I just go to square one. It's happened with my other fears (heights, anxiety, etc.) I've gotten too far with my controlling my compulsions and I don't feel like risking it. It would be almost 8 years of progress down the drain. Doesn't mean I can't shed a tear or two about it though.

Stupid OCD telling me I'm running people/animals over. 

One day. This can also be solved by making a friend that I can bum rides off of but social anxiety takes care of that one. :\

Edited by iaawal

On 1/16/2017 at 5:35 PM, aura said:

I'm super nervous about therapy tomorrow. We're going to do an exposure surrounding my car OCD (looots of checking). I've been so unstable mood-wise the past two years that OCD treatment was put on the backburner. Now I need to pull myself together and start exposures again. Anyone else go through this?

Aura, is your car OCD about running people over/obsessively checking if you did? If so, can you let me know if your therapy helps you? 

On 12/20/2016 at 0:47 AM, CherryBlossom said:

This is just a random thought. But, how is anyone actually organized with this disorder? I am diagnosed with OCD. My obsessions are kinda odd. I do have obsessions with things being in order and perfect. But, I seem to never be able to accomplish it, just gets messy again and I get so depress. I am at the point it doesn't matter. I might as well be depress and mean toward myself for not having things organized than the worst emotions I get when everything gets messy again. 

I have OCPD (like the bigger, nastier, shitty cousin of OCD) but I also have pretty much straight-forward OCD too. I am so damn messy, it's ridiculous. Part of it is the dyspraxia, but with OCD I start tidying, then get upset because I'd have to completely redo my whole bedroom to have an organised system, then I get depressed and... nothing gets tidied haha. I'm more the hoarder OCPD than obsessively organised OCPD which.. is difficult. I'd love to be organised but alas. Sometimes it's just about saying you were able to do some washing or hoover the floor rather than have a sparkling clean room/school notes/etc. It's an ouroboros of anxiety/inability.

EDIT:

iaawal your (former?) therapist sounds... bad. What the heck? I can understand the feeling of 'is this psychosis or this is anxiety' though. I keep thinking about (tw) breaking my fingers. I don't even want to do it, it's just happening. aura, I hope your exposure stuff goes well. It's worth trying? To be honest I had a lot of 'organic' exposure therapy (life just kept throwing triggering things at me) and it took years but I am a lot better with certain things. 

Edited by ananke

Yeah, I also had/have a problem with the number 6 and to a lesser extent the number 4. People say that 13 is the unlucky number but for me it was always 6 and multiples thereof.

I have a weird obsession with the number 3, but it's always a positive thing? Idk I like things that are triangular or in thirds for some reason. Hate the number 14 though. Urgh

32 minutes ago, KnickNak said:

Anyone see this Guy's poem who has OCD that has been going around Facebook? INTENSE

Wow......So sad......I can feel his pain........:(

Edited by CrazyRedhead
  • Like 1

Lately I have been obsessed with certain things being straight. Especially at the grocery store. It drives me nuts. If I see something in the freezer aisle upside down I have to fix it or if a cereal box is not lined up straight I can't go by without fixing it .. I have tried . I will even wait , when people leave ... when I can't get to it and go back.  I don't know if people notice but if they do I will straight up tell them it bugs me. But shit , I should probabaly get a job there as a night person who stocks shelves.