CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
Asho2345

Anyone On The OCD Spectrum Want To Share

1 hour ago, KnickNak said:

Lately I have been obsessed with certain things being straight. Especially at the grocery store. It drives me nuts. If I see something in the freezer aisle upside down I have to fix it or if a cereal box is not lined up straight I can't go by without fixing it .. I have tried . I will even wait , when people leave ... when I can't get to it and go back.  I don't know if people notice but if they do I will straight up tell them it bugs me. But shit , I should probabaly get a job there as a night person who stocks shelves. 

I bet the employees appreciate it though! ;)

I have that at home, where I'll spend too long making the bed because it has to be just so, rearranging books so they line up and the colors don't clash, etc. I'll think they're ok.. sit down and nope. Get back up. Change something. Sit back down. Repeat.  

Makes me want to scream. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, her-escape said:

I bet the employees appreciate it though! ;)

I have that at home, where I'll spend too long making the bed because it has to be just so, rearranging books so they line up and the colors don't clash, etc. I'll think they're ok.. sit down and nope. Get back up. Change something. Sit back down. Repeat.  

Makes me want to scream. 

Omg.. Hopefully you don't have a lot of blankets on the bed haha... I am the same way, repeat and check. someone will be talking to me and I am not listening I will be thinking of something else i need to check. I do scream sometimes... only at home. I don't need to be screaming in public and be taken away by the cops. 

Edited by KnickNak

On 2/16/2017 at 5:45 PM, ananke said:

I have a weird obsession with the number 3, but it's always a positive thing? Idk I like things that are triangular or in thirds for some reason. Hate the number 14 though. Urgh

I also love the number 3. And 9, since it's a multiple.

I don't have OCD but I just caught a glimpse of Aura's response and felt compelled to add: I also love 3, and 9. I have very warm feelings for 7, as well, and all their products.

• Like 1

This is a little weird, but whenever I go to visit my mom and dad's grave at the cemetery, I notice when flowers or wreaths have fallen over on other people's graves.......

This really bothers me, and I feel compelled to set them up in their right place again, whenever possible, even if the person who drove me there might be in more of a hurry.

In my mind, this is a show of respect, although actually it's the job of the cemetery groundskeepers to keep everything looking nice.

Edited by CrazyRedhead

On 1/25/2017 at 2:38 AM, iaawal said:

Stupid OCD telling me I'm running people/animals over. 

This is old, but this is exactly why I don't have my driver's license yet. I'm learning right now due to absolute need, but best of luck to you.

I have certain words that I've straight up yelled at my family for using, and my preoccupation with numbers is more of a positive thing. I love multiples of five, I prefer 3 to 4 and 13 to 14 but other than those and odd multiples of five, I usually prefer the evens. 

Lately, a fear of running off the road while my dad is teaching me to drive have returned because I recently drove my front wheels into a ditch. I haven't driven since.

On 4/27/2017 at 11:28 AM, jacques said:

I have certain words that I've straight up yelled at my family for using, and my preoccupation with numbers is more of a positive thing. I love multiples of five, I prefer 3 to 4 and 13 to 14 but other than those and odd multiples of five, I usually prefer the evens. 

Lately, a fear of running off the road while my dad is teaching me to drive have returned because I recently drove my front wheels into a ditch. I haven't driven since.

Sorry to hear that. Must have been scary. :( 

I got diagnosed an hour ago (no exaggeration) and instantly thought of what sites should be updated.

So that's one of mine. Updating friends and social media. I have to be online, my bios have to be perfect, and every post has to convey the right thing. If I don't someone will be in danger I could have prevented. 

Anyone have a case of schizo/psycho-ocd? It always interests me how certain disorders interact, and i know that in my case my pure o and psychosis are interacting by creating obsessions that are psychotic in nature. Does anyone have that too?

5 minutes ago, unknown diagnosis said:

Anyone have a case of schizo/psycho-ocd? It always interests me how certain disorders interact, and i know that in my case my pure o and psychosis are interacting by creating obsessions that are psychotic in nature. Does anyone have that too?

I've got both diagnoses. Sometimes it's a bit hard to tell if I'm having an obsession or a delusion. Or a delusional obsession. It all blends together and it confused my doctors for a long time.

I've got both diagnoses as well. It can be a bit difficult to tell whether some of the things I hear internally (like music, sounds, and voices) are from OCD or psychosis. But other than that, they tend not to blend together a whole lot other than my OCD latching onto my psychosis and making me think about it.

OCD ruined my day today. I obsessed non-stop, couldn't pay attention to anything else. Damn you OCD!

On 7/6/2017 at 2:01 AM, aura said:

OCD ruined my day today. I obsessed non-stop, couldn't pay attention to anything else. Damn you OCD!

ugh sorry to hear that :(

I've been trying to let myself tic freely, even if I'm in public. because when I try not to have tics, my tension grows. so I'm waving my hands, talking to myself, jerking my head... it doesn't look neurotypical, but it's actually helping?

My oldest daughter was visiting, she "helped me out" with laundry... omg, she folded the kitchen towels haphazardly, every which way, I wanted to scream. No, no, no. 

• Like 1

I'm going to try to sort out my "guest room " again, it is so filled with stuff I can't walk in. Not sure I'll get far with this. This issue has gotten worse. 

one of my coworkers is driving me crazy. she lacks attention to detail and does a half-assed job cleaning up, cutting corners and skipping any inconvenient stuff. i work in a bakery. i need to clean things thoroughly or i worry that somehow tomorrow's bread will be ruined. i usually go back over her work and clean what she missed. she always says that she's a "perfectionist".... she has no idea how much she isn't. i wish she would let me organize everything the way i want it to be.

i can't stop picking at my face. i swear i actually have decent skin, i just destroy every minor bump or spot that appears.