CrazyBoards.org

my depressed side is coming out

I don't know what im gonna do for the next few months, but i just came back from being on Vacation for a week on Thursday, and now with the weekend gone i have to go back to work in the morning.

The reason i mentioned the next few months is i have to get rid of cable (a lot less money coming into the house, cable is very expensive these days), which usually gives me a lot of entertainment during the week/weekend.

I suppose i will probably find something to do just to pass the time and probably won't get any eenjoyment out of anything for a while.

Can you watch things on-line like you-tube?  They have movies on there, music, TV shows (without the interrupting commercials) and really IMO a bit of everything.

My favorite is watching John Oliver.  He's hilarious.  If you want to know "how to" do anything, chances is it is on you tube.  Even the things you'd least expect.

1 hour ago, melissaw72 said:

Can you watch things on-line like you-tube?  They have movies on there, music, TV shows (without the interrupting commercials) and really IMO a bit of everything.

My favorite is watching John Oliver.  He's hilarious.  If you want to know "how to" do anything, chances is it is on you tube.  Even the things you'd least expect.

Theres so much YouTube doesn't get, best i can hope is that Hulu+ keeps up with some of my showsx no doubt some i may end up not being caught up on for a long time.

• 3 weeks later...

Cable is very expensive. I seem to pay for a whole lot of channels I don't use just to get the few I do. I binge watch shows on Netflix....I'm horrible. I can't stop once I'm hooked and feel let down when they end. Do you like reading?

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't had cable in years. I watch Netflix and YouTube. After your initial period of missing cable (maybe 6 weeks?), it will seem far less important to you. I love how easily I can flip through ideas and shows on YouTube.. By searching for whatever I'm interested in and then learning about it. In random news, these are the things I have learned about recently: ADHD brain imaging, ADHD in women, Chinese foot binding, how to paint cat eye eyeliner, borderline personality disorder, narcissistic personality disorder, fashion trends in Japan, Aspergers in women, how to cut layers in my hair at home, how to highlight (weave or balayage) my hair, how to use Photoshop to make unwanted objects disappear from the background of a photo. I have also watched comedy: Stuart on MadTV, Amy Schumer, SNL... I love YouTube!

I would just add one thing to that setup.  Get one of those roof antennas and get whatever local free TV they have.  You get the local news and wheel of fortune and lots of old TV shows.  Its nice when the weather gets really bad or the cable goes out (No internet)  The best part is no charge!