CrazyBoards.org

I hear random voices also, except they think to me.  They seem to be out loud, and at the same time also voices in my head.  Sometimes I "hear" the song amazing grace, the happy birthday song, and a lot of other stuff.  Mine usually makes sense in the context of what they are saying but they have no relevance in general to anything I can relate them to.  I hear the banging on the door also, but over time learned how to distinguish that from a real life door knock and banging.  (That just developed over time though; not sure how I actually learned the difference).

Mine don't seem to be messages now.  When I was off meds though, all the voices I heard (including the ones thinking to me) were my life.  Those were the only ones I listened to and they made sense.  After I went on meds though, they started to make no sense in what they were referring to.  If that make sense.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dazed and confused said:

It does make sense. They are just so random and I don't know a bit abstract maybe...then again I guess hearing voices was never meant to be logical.

Good point.  Never meant to be logical on meds, at least for me anyway.  Off meds is a whole other story.

• Like 1

then again I guess hearing voices was never meant to be logical.

Good call on that one.  It's actually part of what makes accepting the latest version of hallucinations hard for me--that they were to some degree logical (though perhaps in the sense of melissa's messages and less in general) and didn't respond right away to meds.  They did go away.  And I realize it's not normal to have a talking wall.  But it's still weird at times. 

What you're describing sounds like it might be scary--at least for me.  Is it something you can call a psychiatrist about to see if a tweak will take it away? 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, dancesintherain said:

What you're describing sounds like it might be scary--at least for me.  Is it something you can call a psychiatrist about to see if a tweak will take it away? 

Agreed. 

My hallucinations never make sense. They're garbled bunches of random words, numbers, sounds, etc. 

• Like 1