CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
Pearly

Wtf I think I'be started to hear voices or was someone really saying my name ?

I stood up at work as I was about to wear my jacket when I heard my name. Looked around look In front one of my colleagues was staring and smiling from far. I find him creepy he's always staring but I'm not sure if it was voices. 

I would say something like 'why did you call my name out?" 

If it is the next day and you see him around maybe you could say 'I heard you call my name out ... was there a reason for that?'

Like assume that he did call your name out, and ask him (what I wrote in above sentence) and then he will probably say either I never called your name out, or he'll say why he did.  That would be enough info for me at least to see if an actual person or a voice "out there" was what you heard.

Just some thoughts.  It is something I would do anyway.

That's a common symptom and happens with a number of mental illnesses.  Do you have a doctor you can talk to about this.?

1 minute ago, notloki said:

That's a common symptom and happens with a number of mental illnesses.  Do you have a doctor you can talk to about this.?

I agree, but wanted to add that it can happen without a MI too.  I also agree about contacting your DR to ask about it.

Indeed, the experience of thinking you've heard someone say your name falls in the realm of common enough experience that it alone is not considered an auditory hallucination.

I've heard my name called before, and this has happened to just about everyone I know. As far as I know, none of us has been diagnosed with a psychotic illness.

Who said anything about psychosis ? I think is is more important to talk to a doc about this than poll an Internet group.

Edited by notloki

None of us are saying "don't talk to your care provider about this".

the op's title asks the question of whether they have started hearing voices [eta] aka "auditory hallucinations" which are one positive sign of thought disorders.

Perhaps. I do hear voices on occasion. I sometimes hear people call my name. If other strange things are happening, other strange sounds, too many co incidences, paranoia, it concerns me.

i give it some time before I react. If it goes away, I tell pdoc on next visit. If it continues, I call pdoc.

i am writing this like I am calm, but I get agitated when I have symptoms. 

but, it could be nothing. It is common to hear your name called.