CrazyBoards.org

i have schizoaffective disorder and i rarely hallucinate but i have in previous psychotic episodes. I believe my thoughts control everything around me. And that everything around me is controlling me.. i also believe my ex boyfriend can read my mind and that some other people can too at certain times. I can barely process anything i can hear a sentence and in my mind its just like ...blank. I have extreme paranoia about the police and government being after me, no antpsychotics are helping me. ive been on geodon, risperdal, abilify, latuda, loxapine, rexulti, seroquel and saphris (in the course of 2 years). right now im on vraylar. I was on some for just a short period of time because of side effects and what not. some of them i tried for months but my thinking still feels all messed up. i think im cursed and a demon is my head is haunting me. he makes bad things happen to me but maybe he is showing me the world.

I had no luck with any of the atypicals, so I got put on Thorazine which helped my paranoia, hallucinations (visual and auditory), delusions, etc. it's not common (I had to call 5 different pharmacies before I found one that carried it), but it was a life saver for me.

21 hours ago, melissaw72 said:

I used to feel similar to this too. 

How about zyprexa, or clozaril?

Does your pdoc know about how you are doing (from what you wrote in this post)?  Are you on any other meds than the vraylar?

yeah im on remeron 45mg, lithium 900mg, valium 10mg and gabapentin 800mg 3x a day

21 hours ago, melissaw72 said:

Does your pdoc know about how you are doing (from what you wrote in this post)?

What are your current DR's ideas on how he can help you?  Does he know how you are doing?  How long have you been feeling like what you wrote in OP? 

IMO I think it would be helpful to get a 2nd opinion.  To start on a clean slate with a pdoc so s/he can make an independent evaluation of you, and might offer other meds that could work.

3 hours ago, melissaw72 said:

What are your current DR's ideas on how he can help you?  Does he know how you are doing?  How long have you been feeling like what you wrote in OP? 

IMO I think it would be helpful to get a 2nd opinion.  To start on a clean slate with a pdoc so s/he can make an independent evaluation of you, and might offer other meds that could work.

i already went to a residential place for a second opinion on my diagnosis. ive tried so many meds. she thinks its just a matter of time and we have to find the right med.

of the atypicals i've had the most success with zyprexa, risperdal, and now clozaril. some people don't find much success with them ever. i overall found greater relief with typicals...even the prolixin depot and later haldol depot worked better for me than those you listed above that i've taken. you don't mention any of those except risperdal, so maybe talk to your doctor about some of the more common ones you've not yet tried. for dealing with hallucinations/delusions when more acute, nothing works for me quite like a zyprexa/haldol combo...but everyone's different, etc.

i hope you find something that helps. x