CrazyBoards.org

I usually don't post in this forum but I wanted to add that I used to love this movie, watched it over and over. 

However, the more and more I watched it I "became" a character in the movie, like another person in the group of them, taking on their mind-set, attitudes toward things (in general), bad language (I do have some bad language in me but not to the degree I used IRL when I felt like I was part of the movie).  I also listened to their reactions from when they talked to DRs in the movie, and used those same reactions with (most of) my DRs I had then.

So eventually I had to stop watching it because I found myself more and more engulfed in the movie and with the group of girls, and what they did/mannerisms/spoke like/etc.

So I'd say it is a good movie, IMO, if you watch it once or twice.  Watching it more than that, for me at least, I quickly became one of them and got worse mentally (IRL).

14 hours ago, melissaw72 said:

I usually don't post in this forum but I wanted to add that I used to love this movie, watched it over and over. 

However, the more and more I watched it I "became" a character in the movie, like another person in the group of them, taking on their mind-set, attitudes toward things (in general), bad language (I do have some bad language in me but not to the degree I used IRL when I felt like I was part of the movie).  I also listened to their reactions from when they talked to DRs in the movie, and used those same reactions with (most of) my DRs I had then.

So eventually I had to stop watching it because I found myself more and more engulfed in the movie and with the group of girls, and what they did/mannerisms/spoke like/etc.

So I'd say it is a good movie, IMO, if you watch it once or twice.  Watching it more than that, for me at least, I quickly became one of them and got worse mentally (IRL).

I've only watched it once I like it I loved the characters but I feel like with the bpd they kinda where like there for a year a cured an I wonder I that accurate I don't really know how long it takes to cure bpd 

12 hours ago, sweetlysinister said:

I've only watched it once I like it I loved the characters but I feel like with the bpd they kinda where like there for a year a cured an I wonder I that accurate I don't really know how long it takes to cure bpd 

That is a really good point.

I guess that is why it is a movie ... not all you see in a movie is real/true. (Aside from the documentaries and stuff like that).

• 4 weeks later...

there was a movie i watched, i don't remember what it was. it wasn't the topic of this thread though, but it was about a woman with a mental illness. and i swear it was BPD, they said what it was but i don't remember for the life of me. she did some really crazy shit....and i began worrying if i was like here. see, stuff like that. scares me. when i took my psych class, i'm a teacher's cert. and that was reccomended more than sociology, i was like what if i start self diagnosing? my counselor, past counselor, had some issues too and she told me she was always concerned about taking her psych classes as well. she just said don't ever self diagnose, no matter what.