CrazyBoards.org

Hi, I'm new here... ???

I don't know how this forum works, but as I've come from another forum I'll give this a shot. My diagnosis is major depressive disorder, bipolar 2, episodes of psychosis, severe anxiety and panic disorder and agoraphobia. The way I manage these things when I'm overwhelmed is I go get several piercings at one sitting. I'm labeled as a self harm patient bcz of that. Psych says it's a type of self injury. But , no matter how hard I try I can't stop. I pierce, some I keep, others I take out after that high I feel from being pierced wears off so I can redo it again when I'm struggling. Just recently I got this piercing in the  picture with the Trident of Zeus the Greek God that's attached. I'd already gotten a regular industrial cartilage piercing three days before but i believe other than my extremely elevated levels of anxiety, I'm going through mania. The best way I can explain it is that the pain hurts so good and it distracts my mental and emotional pain with temporary physical pain. But the relief doesn't last long it's only a temporary fix. And I can't even get pierced when I'm "normal" or having a good week. It's only when I'm stressed, anxious, angry, depressed, or manic that I get the urge, strong urges, to get pierced. But, I can't stop. Not now. So far I haven't been able to do that small thing. I toughed it out hard once and ended up shaving my hair off which was down my back and it was spur of the moment manic behavior. I make snap, irrational, irresponsible, and sometimes unpredictable decisions when I'm manic. They have me on Abilify and Klonopin meds and right now it's like I'm taking a placebo or sugar pills like skittles. Not working but I'm still at least taking them. Getting a new piercing tomorrow bc my weekend kicked my ass mentally.(excuse my language) wanting a really painful one so I may do the bridge of my nose. Thanks for listening to me ramble if anyone decided to read.

Princess Warrior

IMAG0228.jpg

Edited by Princesswarrior

Greetings!

I suppose piercings are a "cleaner" form of self harm if you're seeking pain. It's good that you're not cutting or anything like that.

I hope you find the medication that works best for you soon. I was put on lamotrigine recently and I'm getting no side effects from it. People have commented over the weekend how well I seem. I hope you'll find yourself in a similar position soon.

9 hours ago, Southern Discomfort said:

Greetings!

I suppose piercings are a "cleaner" form of self harm if you're seeking pain. It's good that you're not cutting or anything like that.

I hope you find the medication that works best for you soon. I was put on lamotrigine recently and I'm getting no side effects from it. People have commented over the weekend how well I seem. I hope you'll find yourself in a similar position soon.

I was on Lamictal/Lamotrigine just recently for a few years too but I broke out in that nasty rash people warn you about a few months ago. So my pdoc discontinued it.

9 hours ago, empty inside said:

Hi! welcome to crazyboards!

sometimes when i'm upset i get spur of the moment piercings too, not often though (i'm good at repressing my emotions...), my next one will probably be either a smiley piercing or my third forward helix. the pain really does help, i also find that taking care of the piercing afterwards helps settle me down too.

anyway, i love your trident piercing it looks great! (and the hair looks great too, you're really pretty).

i hope you find lots of support and advice here, and i hope you find it to be a helpful and comforting place.

(also there is an introductions thread and a blog section which might be a better place to put an introduction like post) 

http://www.crazyboards.org/forums/index.php?/forum/61-introductions-who-the-hell-are-you/

Thanks. The pain helped clear my mind good. Thanks for the link too I'll go introduce myself.

On 7/25/2016 at 7:23 AM, empty inside said:

Hi! welcome to crazyboards!

sometimes when i'm upset i get spur of the moment piercings too, not often though (i'm good at repressing my emotions...), my next one will probably be either a smiley piercing or my third forward helix. the pain really does help, i also find that taking care of the piercing afterwards helps settle me down too.

anyway, i love your trident piercing it looks great! (and the hair looks great too, you're really pretty).

i hope you find lots of support and advice here, and i hope you find it to be a helpful and comforting place.

(also there is an introductions thread and a blog section which might be a better place to put an introduction like post) 

http://www.crazyboards.org/forums/index.php?/forum/61-introductions-who-the-hell-are-you/

I had the smiley it was cool but only temporarily. Didn't hurt at all, kept it two weeks then moved on. Here's what it looked like with a Medusa and my septum piercing

WP_20160112_17_28_29_Pro.jpg