CrazyBoards.org

Paxil to Viibryd Switch...

Anyone have experience with this?  I'm on 50mg Paxil CR (equivalent to about 40mg IR) and I'm hoping to eventually make the switch to Viibryd to hopefully help with the shitty sexual side effects (SSE) of Paxil.  I heard that Viibryd is pretty potent stuff, is the 40mg dose equivalent to what I'm taking with the Paxil?  Also anyone with experience with this switch?  Is Viibryd decent for anxiety/depression?  Is it really lighter on the SSE's?

Hello! I made that exact switch earlier this year myself. I am on 40mg of viibryd, which is the highest dosage, and have found it extremely effective. I have been on many, many different antidepressants and Viibryd is by far the most effective one I have ever been on. There are zero side effects other than a headache for a week when I first started it. There are absolutely no sexual side effects unlike any other SSRI. It has helped my depression and anxiety conditions (panic disorder, ocd, social anxiety etc) very effectively so much so that I do not normally notice them now in day to day life!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I wish you luck. I tried Viibryd a few times. I believe it did alleviate the sexual problems some, but it wasn't so effective for me for depression.

I think I'm going to have to go back on an SSRI, at least for a while. Get ready for sweaty, 3 hour, anorgasmic SSRI sex. I hate it.

The Paxil has a short half-life, so I would think drug holidays are feasible.

Ropinerole supposedly has some potential to help with this problem.  Hopefully your doctor has an open mind about this.

• Like 1