CrazyBoards.org

everything is broken again

Oh crap Tallulah..I know what you are going through..I packed my meds when I went to the states and they LOST my luggage..so three days with no meds = one messed up me..Yeah I guess that's all it takes..Just keep taking your meds at the prescribed time and this too shall pass..Not that it won't suck in the mean time. For future reference..I always have 3 days worth of meds in my purse.Just in case..

And Lulu..You are NOT a failure..You just forgot. Don't let the ****ed up voices get a word in..

One last comment..You wouldn't say that it makes you"sick" if you were taking meds for ANY other reason..You just don't hear a diabetic person say..it makes me sick that I am so dependant on these meds" right??

Just like any other imbalance you need it to be corrected..It's chemistry baby..not a personal failure..

I hope you level out soonest..You will too!

Ps congrats on the new snowmobile! How cool are YOU ;)

I've managed to forget a repeat script, left my meds at home when I went on a trip, and left them away when I came home from one...

I ran out of lamictal, and after 36hrs, I was beginning to feel myself going nutso - very agitated and panicky, speeding up etc etc. so now:

I always get my repeats in well ahead of time

I never go anywhere with my entire supply of meds

I always make sure I take a couple of days worth of 'spares' when I go away, incase plans change.

Lamictal is not one you want to stop in a rush, from what I can tell.

i just purchased a new snowmobile after FINALLY paying off my bank loan. insane, i know. as if i could afford ANOTHER loan...but snowmobiling is my life.  its an amazing release for me in the winter.  i dont think about anything, i just ride...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Canadians are weird.  Winter is for staying inside and not freezing your nipples off.  Silly Canadians.

i mean...is this normal? 2 fucking days.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can tell a difference the next morning if I take my Lamictal too late at night.  It sucks, but I guess it is better than feeling like shit all the time.

Heya tallulah,

Trying too hard to get DH to try it.  He feels much the same as you do, synthetic.  Lots of more videogames in winter.

Haliburton is awesome.  Last time I stayed there was ... at least 3-4 years ago.

Next month I'm off to the frozen North (North of North Bay) for all of February.  I don't have my own skidoo (living here in the suburbs, ew) but my friends up North let me use theirs.

Riding (as a passenger) behind my friend's 16-yr-old son is the most scary and exhilarating thing ever.  He is *way* more reckless than I could be.  At least, unmedicated.

Buying some snowshoes this week too.

Sorry for the threadjack.

On topic -- last night I missed my Lamictal by 4 hours, and did *not* sleep.

So, timing counts.

And, skidooing is fun.

But stay off the ice, it's not safe yet.

--ncc--

Heya,

The scenery is prettier from inside it.

Cold and clean and quiet and hard and bright.

Last winter I even got DH to admit that it would be fun to get a book of animal tracks.

Bundle up properly, lots of layers, and bring a camera and/or journal.

Trust me.

So damn therapeutic.

--ncc--

tal, I haven't been on a snowmobile in about what...16, 17 years? But man, is it fun!  Even though it's bad for the environment *hangs green head in shame* This was pre-Toronto when I grew up in Booney-ville, Ontario (note: not real name haha.)  Almost as long since I've been on a motorcycle too...ah, memories...

Anyway, just get back on track with your meds and hopefully all of this ickyness will go away tout de suite!

And everyone, when travelling never pack your meds! Always take them in your carry on luggage.  That way they're with you at all times and less chance (if at all) of getting lost.

Karen

The extra stash of meds always stays in my make up bag, which stays with me. I add a day or twos worth each month. I used to keep about a week's worth, but since Katrina I'm working it up to two weeks.

Buying some snowshoes this week too.

Snowshoeing is great fun! As is cross-country skiing. So quiet. No tourists. Definitely therapeutic.

Greeny

Archived