CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
Unknown Dude

Stranger in the mirror

I'm posting in the wrong sub-forum but I don't know where to post.

Whenever i look in the mirror I see a face that i don't recognise, I see a stranger or maybe because i changed to the worse. i don't recognise my face anymore. I often think that there's an intruder in my house.

There is a book called "The Stranger in the Mirror" about dissociative disorders.That sounds scary thinking there is an intruder. 

1 hour ago, confused said:

There is a book called "The Stranger in the Mirror" about dissociative disorders.That sounds scary thinking there is an intruder. 

That's awkward that there's a book having nearly the same as the thread. I freaked out one time when i looked at the mirror because I didn't believe it was me so i thought it was an intruder.

16 hours ago, Unknown Dude said:

I'm posting in the wrong sub-forum but I don't know where to post.

Whenever i look in the mirror I see a face that i don't recognise, I see a stranger or maybe because i changed to the worse. i don't recognise my face anymore. I often think that there's an intruder in my house.

Yes, this has happened to me when I went off all meds.  Not saying you have, just that I looked in the mirror one day and saw a totally different face, of one person I disliked intensely.

Eventually it went back to seeing myself.  But for awhile it was really weird.

When I was a nurse I met a man who firmly believed that when he looked in the mirror he saw his brother.

He was convinced that his brother lived upstairs all the time and commented on how he never spoke or ate and wondered how he managed to survive.

I don't know what caused all of this but just wanted to share that I have heard of this happening