Jump to content
CrazyBoards.org

Finally posting after 3 years 7 months


Recommended Posts

Hello everyone , after a rough start in the chat yesterday I figured I should post an intro. I joined in January 2013 when I was being treated for PTSD and a PD NOS. I no longer have the PD, I still have the PTSD + now a mood disorder NOS, emotional stress and GAD. 

 

I've been encouraged to write blog and I figured I'd write an introduction first. 

Ive had CBT, DBT and psychodynamic therapy. I take Lamictal and seroquel at night when I really need a good nights sleep.

I practice daily mindfulness and currently working on changing my nutrition to deal with my mood disorder .

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Welcome back, Broken_doll.

Just in case anyone still feels like giving you a hard time, let me say as an admin that I looked up your registration history and you have, in fact, been with us since 2013. So you can refer anyone who feels like pissing into your tent to this post.

If you have any trouble with the site itself (forgot where the vending machines are, can't find any place to park and so on) let me or one of the other mods know.

Gearhead

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Broken Doll, welcome back. I think you just came in a time in chat where there were like 4+ strings/conversations going at once. Chat can be very confusing for people who aren't accustomed to following several lines of conversation at once. I know it might have seemed like you were not being listened to, I don't think that was anyone's intention, it's just difficult to make everyone feel heard at once. Like the rules on the chat page say, med questions and someone in crisis take priority over light conversations. So if you want to give it another chance, pop in and say hi! Everyone is welcome in chat, but some people feel chat is not for them, like dancesintherain said. Nothing wrong with that either, so no pressure. :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, dancesintherain said:

I can't speak to chat because I don't go there.  I've just found it better for me to not be involved. 

Good to meet you and I hope that you find whatever you're seeking. 

Dances good advice, it is harsh in there. I enjoyed interacting with you on your post and look forward to more.

59 minutes ago, Gearhead said:

Welcome back, Broken_doll.

Just in case anyone still feels like giving you a hard time, let me say as an admin that I looked up your registration history and you have, in fact, been with us since 2013. So you can refer anyone who feels like pissing into your tent to this post.

If you have any trouble with the site itself (forgot where the vending machines are, can't find any place to park and so on) let me or one of the other mods know.

Gearhead

Thanks gear head I appreciate it. I read through all the rules and user agreements so I think I got a feel for the place . I really appreciate the creative approach this site takes and look forward to getting to know people. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Duelist said:

Broken Doll, welcome back. I think you just came in a time in chat where there were like 4+ strings/conversations going at once. Chat can be very confusing for people who aren't accustomed to following several lines of conversation at once. I know it might have seemed like you were not being listened to, I don't think that was anyone's intention, it's just difficult to make everyone feel heard at once. Like the rules on the chat page say, med questions and someone in crisis take priority over light conversations. So if you want to give it another chance, pop in and say hi! Everyone is welcome in chat, but some people feel chat is not for them, like dancesintherain said. Nothing wrong with that either, so no pressure. :)

Thank you duelist , was in there yesterday, seemed ok. Look forward to getting to know the site better. It's definitely unique, that's for sure. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Like I said, I think it was a matter of the timing. Sometimes people use chat to like, distract from problems, and that's great, whatever works right? Other times they are trying to help others see something funny or serious and share links to stuff or something. But everyone here has mental illness of some kind so even staff, who aren't paid, have some MI (that's what we abbreviate Mental Illness into) and might need to post on their blogs, or a thread here on the board or come into chat during a crisis of theirs. It's here for all of us. Equally. And as a long standing member I can say it has helped me many times over the years to come to the realization that I had to seek medical attention right then, and not wait. It wasn't for MI, but physical crap. Anyway, I just wanted to tell you that I am glad you're back. There is no other place online (that I know of) that has this kind of a atmosphere to reach out to others who have MI, who get it, as no one can appreciate the kind of suffering we have until they've been through it. So much stigma exists out there, it's nice to be in a safe place here.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Duelist said:

Like I said, I think it was a matter of the timing. Sometimes people use chat to like, distract from problems, and that's great, whatever works right? Other times they are trying to help others see something funny or serious and share links to stuff or something. But everyone here has mental illness of some kind so even staff, who aren't paid, have some MI (that's what we abbreviate Mental Illness into) and might need to post on their blogs, or a thread here on the board or come into chat during a crisis of theirs. It's here for all of us. Equally. And as a long standing member I can say it has helped me many times over the years to come to the realization that I had to seek medical attention right then, and not wait. It wasn't for MI, but physical crap. Anyway, I just wanted to tell you that I am glad you're back. There is no other place online (that I know of) that has this kind of a atmosphere to reach out to others who have MI, who get it, as no one can appreciate the kind of suffering we have until they've been through it. So much stigma exists out there, it's nice to be in a safe place here.

 

Thank you duelist, I do appreciate the 'snarky' sense of humor here and the fact you can swear and be a smart ass. I've gotten in trouble for that kind of behavior before so it's going to take me awhile to get used to the fact that here I won't! ?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I understand, but having that freedom is awesome yet the one thing that is a fact anywhere in real life or online; not everyone is going to get along. No worries, there's so many people here that you can rest assured that you will find others who appreciate your kind of humor or are glad to see your posts/blog entries and smile when you come into chat-assuming you give chat another try. ;)

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

:D

this is my first post since joining in 2013. I'm curious to know who people think I am and why that person left. Maybe I can read their posts to get to know them and figure out why people think that's me. 

I'll see if I can write some kind of blog next.

Thanks for the welcome! 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...