CrazyBoards.org

Maybe overthinking, maybe not

Looking back on how I behaved before the episode, one of my warning signs was getting into really intense Facebook debates with people who I don't know in response to an organization posting an article about an issue.  Nearly all were political and because of timing they were focused on second amendment and health care issues, with a bit on Brexit.  I ended up with many long and emotional replies to people.

i feel like I just started that trend today.  I'm going to impose anfacebook timeout where I only read and don't post.  

Has anyone seen this as a sign/symptom that they might be cycling upward?  My replies, I think, are intelligible at least.

I rarely go upward, but I do notice an increase in perceived slights when I'm depressed/getting paranoid.  From online stuff, that is (and IRL, but I can now pick up that hey!  FB!).  It's good of you to recognize that trend.

Thanks jarn and aura.  Jarn, this is my first time going upward, so I understand on the rarely part, but also on the psychosis piece.  Thanks aura--good to know that you've got something similar (not that I'm happy that you do). 

I had some psychotic symptoms around 10:00pm last night (it's currently 3:30am and my body won't sleep). so I think I can officially put the exccessive facebook communication dialogue into the red flag category. 

18 hours ago, dancesintherain said:

I'm going to impose anfacebook timeout where I only read and don't post.  

I think this is a good idea.  Or just not even read FB for awhile.  Or maybe temporarily block those conversations (if you are able to)?

Edited by melissaw72

My biggest red flag is when I start interrupting people because they're not going fast enough for me. I usually realize at that point that I'm not eating enough. (That's when I start taking my PRN Klonopin and making sure I sleep enough. If I'm really revving, I take PRN Zyprexa.) It's hard to recognize red flags, esp. when you're revving.