Jump to content
CrazyBoards.org

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, sweetlysinister said:

So how long  does it take to feel effects of lamictal I've been on it for 3 weeks one week on 25mg the rest on 50mg so far feel ok less irrated  but they also took me off all of my antidepressants 

Lamictal is the only drug I've ever taken and I've been on 300mg for 10 years. I've reduced it at times with my psych. It's set to my birth control. As others have said it takes a while to titrate up and I do believe the clinical dose is at least 150 if not 200. Could you take the edge off with supplements while you wait? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Broken_doll said:

Lamictal is the only drug I've ever taken and I've been on 300mg for 10 years. I've reduced it at times with my psych. It's set to my birth control. As others have said it takes a while to titrate up and I do believe the clinical dose is at least 150 if not 200. Could you take the edge off with supplements while you wait? 

I'm sorry, I gave the information for MDD. Broken_doll is correct for bipolar disorder. If you are looking for a lift in mood then you might get one at 100-150 mg. But for mood stabilization it's 200 mg and higher.

Edited by jt07
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, jt07 said:

I'm sorry, I gave the information for MDD. Broken_doll is correct for bipolar disorder. If you are looking for a lift in mood then you might get one at 100-150 mg. But for mood stabilization it's 200 mg and higher.

Hi I'm actually taking it for PTSD , so I can't speak to bipolar disorder, I have read that for women who have bpd they benefit from 200mg.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lamictal is one for me that is amazingly helpful for me once it's at the right point and fairly hard getting there  For me,it was a "rocky" step-wise concentration.  By that, I mean that with each dosage increase at about 100mg or aboe, it would temporarily feel better and then that would go away until  the next dosage increase.  As the dose went higher, the period of feeling well got longer and loger and it eventually stuck. 

FWIW, mine initially stuck at 200mg just fine.  It's just with this recent episode that I've had to go to 300 mg. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My mood definitely improved after being on 200mg of lamictal for a couple of weeks. My pdoc left me on that dosage and it worked fine for a few years.

However last year my mood dipped very low again and my pdoc did not want to increase my prozac as he was afraid the higher dose might tip me into mania, so increased my lamictal gradually over a number of weeks to 300mg.

I responded well to being on 300mg and my mood stabilized. I am still on 300mg lamictal and doing well. It is good to know that I have room to move up if the need arises

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When used as an anticonvulsive 600 mg is the starting dose. Of course you titrate to this dose. People have taken this much or more, my neuro has someone on 1200 mg for seizures. This goes to show doses like 300 mg are no big deal s people take far more without incident.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, dancesintherain said:

Lamictal is one for me that is amazingly helpful for me once it's at the right point and fairly hard getting there  For me,it was a "rocky" step-wise concentration.  By that, I mean that with each dosage increase at about 100mg or aboe, it would temporarily feel better and then that would go away until  the next dosage increase.  As the dose went higher, the period of feeling well got longer and loger and it eventually stuck. 

FWIW, mine initially stuck at 200mg just fine.  It's just with this recent episode that I've had to go to 300 mg. 

See that's how I feel slightly differs I reach 100mg starting next week 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...