CrazyBoards.org

adderall vs. amphetamine salts and xr vs. ir

bella

i take 20 mg of adderall xr in the morning.

no side effects anymore, in fact, sometimes i wonder if it's working - and then i'll go a day without it and realize that yes, it's working.

i take 5 mg of amphetamine salts in the afternoon.  sometimes.  if i remember.

my xr lasts about 6 hours. 

would raising the dosage to 25 xr make it last longer so i don't have to bother with the irs? 

The XR should last for more than six hours. You should get about four hours of each release (there are two).

"Amphetamine salts" is generic for immediate release Adderall.

Upping your XR dose may help - I'd definitely ask your pdoc about it. I recently switched back to immediate release. I was on 20 mg XR and I'm now taking 20 mg immediate release in the a.m. and 10 mg in the afternoon (when I remember). It's working better for me, so I might ask him about a higher morning XR dose.

The XR should last for more than six hours. You should get about four hours of each release (there are two).

should.  but i don't.  i think i process things reeeeeally fast.  (for instance, feeling zoloft withdrawal after missing just one dose.)

"Amphetamine salts" is generic for immediate release Adderall.

i know, i guess what i should have specified is that i wonder if taking brand over generic makes a difference at all when it comes to taking the ir in the pm?

why did you switch back to ir?

Sunshine,

Yeah. Inquiring minds want to know ;)

I'm thinking that somewhere down the line I will go back on Adderall. It's ben years.

I was figuring that XR would be the way to go for smooth and long lasting but your post seems to indicate otherwise.

Can you give a fairly complete evaluation of the difference - for you?

Much appreciated.

Thanks

I don't see anywhere in your posts that could be seen as "pushy".

(did I misread them? ;) )

I think you raised a good question and I'm interested in the thread and the answers - since I think I'm headed that way.

Also not sure what I said - if you were referring to me!

Anyway, Bella, thanks for the thread.

Steve

Archived