CrazyBoards.org

I'm almost in the same boat as you. I've been on Vraylar (1.5mg) for about a month now and my PNP upped it to 3mg a few days ago. I tolerate it well but don't trust it enough to be able to go off my Geodon. Yet.

Vraylar was activating for me in the beginning so I had to take it in the morning. I still take it in the morning but I can't say that it is still activating.

My PNP says my affect is brighter. I feel a little bit more like doing things like cooking or spending time with other people. I don't feel joyous or happy or anything exciting like that...I just feel a little more social.

I have noticed, as an unintended side effect, that a couple of my symptoms from benzo withdrawals (coming up on three months) aren't as bad. I wouldn't presume to think that this will last long but I am going to enjoy it for the time that it does.

Edited by Ruins
addition

5 hours ago, Ruins said:

I'm almost in the same boat as you. I've been on Vraylar (1.5mg) for about a month now and my PNP upped it to 3mg a few days ago. I tolerate it well but don't trust it enough to be able to go off my Geodon. Yet.

Vraylar was activating for me in the beginning so I had to take it in the morning. I still take it in the morning but I can't say that it is still activating.

My PNP says my affect is brighter. I feel a little bit more like doing things like cooking or spending time with other people. I don't feel joyous or happy or anything exciting like that...I just feel a little more social.

I have noticed, as an unintended side effect, that a couple of my symptoms from benzo withdrawals (coming up on three months) aren't as bad. I wouldn't presume to think that this will last long but I am going to enjoy it for the time that it does.

Do you also take an anti-depressant with it? If so, what type? I am on Prozac. 

I'm on day 4 of Vraylar and so far I really only notice insomnia. I keep waking up really early and wanting to eat. I take it in the afternoon.

On August 11, 2016 at 11:25 PM, surreal said:

Do you also take an anti-depressant with it? If so, what type? I am on Prozac. 

I'm on day 4 of Vraylar and so far I really only notice insomnia. I keep waking up really early and wanting to eat. I take it in the afternoon.

I take 80mg of Geodon. My 'doctor' wants to replace the Geodon with the Vraylar eventually. I have been eating like a madman for the last six weeks but I hadn't attributed it to the Vraylar until you mentioned it. My doctor upped by Vraylar and Vvyvanse this week so I'm all about the trendy crazymeds.