CrazyBoards.org

Crazy vivid dreams every night!

It's exhausting , I dream everyday I don't even know why, is it meds? is it my illness ? I keep reminding my pdoc about this issue and she always relates this to stress! bullshit, stress doesn't make you dream every night for 3 yrs, anyway guys if someone has an experience in this field of dreams please reply and help me out .

• Like 1

don't have personal experience, but if they're crazy vivid violent dreams (like really violent), there's a medication that can help with that (prazosin).  they were using it on military people for blood pressure reduction and learned that for many people it reduced the violence of nightmares.  (if they're not violent, not really applicable I don't think, but someone can correct me if I'm wrong)

Some medications do cause more vivid dreams, but I don't know which ones fall into that category.  So it's a possibility. 

I just want to say that I agree with you that stress doesn't have much to do with dreaming vivid dreams (IMO) ... I mean maybe it does, just not with me ... my stress level is usually pretty high in general, constantly, and I don't have the crazy vivid dreams you talk about.  Just saying that because for me, having a high stress level does not cause vivid dreams ... if it did Idk what I'd do because I'd be having them every night.

18 hours ago, isbipo said:

It's exhausting , I dream everyday I don't even know why, is it meds? is it my illness ? I keep reminding my pdoc about this issue and she always relates this to stress! bullshit, stress doesn't make you dream every night for 3 yrs, anyway guys if someone has an experience in this field of dreams please reply and help me out .

Hi when you say your illness do you mean bipolar? I dream every night but I have PTSD, also I used to study lucid dreaming and try to meditate or cleanse my chakras (energy centers) during sleep so dreams are normal. 

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think that vivid dreams are necessarily associated with any particular disorder. For as far back as I can remember I have always had vivid dreams. As I child I used to come down stairs and tell my mother at the breakfast table what I dreamed about that night. Now that I am (much) older, I am able to relate the things in my dream to recent events in my life and make a little more sense of my dreams.

I believe that vivid dreams are caused by an over productive imagination. Since I live in a fantasy world when I'm awake, it's only right that the fantasies my mind creates run over into my dreams too. When you say it's exhausting is this because you wake up during the night? Or is it because you feel like your mind is always running? I've gotten to used to having vivid dreams I am actually disappointed the occasional times that I wake up and can't remember my dreams.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been having vivid dreams for a while, I am knackered, I sleep about 10 hours and 2 x 2 hour naps, I am trying to stay awake today and hope I sleep better tonight if not I will try a sleeping tablet of Zopiclone, I will let you know how I get on.  My docs have no idea why either I always had an over active mind but just a night of peaceful sleep would be good.

Consistently/night-time high levels of adrenaline can cause this. We get this every single time we go to sleep because of Ehlers Danlos adrenaline shit. We always assumed everyone just has this, for years, heh.

It sucks, yeah. I wish I had more for you than that. Do you have hyperflexible joints/any other EDS symptoms? Otherwise, all I can say is just look into other high-adrenaline shit, because that's quite possibly it.

Wynn

http://www.dynakids.org/Documents/hypermobility.pdf

May be v. useful in this regard; Was for us.

[TW Bugs/Centipedes.. Orcas?] Unrelatedly/Relatedly: Had a huge long dream that was like cinematic-movie-length last night. Like an animal-horror movie like Lake Placid or Deep Blue Sea, but with a giant Orca in an indoor aquarium in this massive zoo. And this guy who gets dragged into it by being.. Bitten by centipedes and now needing an antivenom (dream logic!) is the only one who can save everyone from this huge dickweed Orca that's just straight-up killing everyone. There was another Orca with pretty pink coral all over her. Anyway, in the end the Bad Orca escaped into the sea after lots of action/tense scenes and the guy, now the only one left from the Team Sent To Deal With Orca, had to drive a firetruck into the ocean, hit the Orca and press the "splode all the fuel" button (which of course exists on every firetruck).

Tri/Whisper

Edited by WinterTidings

The only thing I can remember that I wish to talk about is not pleasant so look away now

I had to go to the toilet and sat on facing the wrong way (Or right if you watch South Park" and I had a bowel movement that went to a external camera and I passed skins like when a lizard sheds but they were human size. Sorry for ruining your appetite