CrazyBoards.org

Ok when i first started geodon i felt manic for couple of days then i started getting depressed i was on a dose of 120mg geodon and 150 mg zoloft and never felt that manic in my life i mean i sleep only 3 hours a night and i have problems falling asleep the thing is my pdoc want me to try lithium instead of geodon and be free of antipschotic what do u think guys aint that great? the problem is im afraid ill go throughsevere withdrawl symptoms i mean i ve been on geodon 3 and a half months so i hope its not too late...by the way why i felt manic when i started geodon??? and why the fuck this drug makes me more manic than ever???

geodon can be activating for some people.  it wasn't for me, but I know it is for some.  so it may be that it triggered the mania or it could just be that shit happened.  sometimes it's really impossible to know. 

for life without an antipsychotic--the idea for bipolar with psychotic features [which is me as well] is that if your mood is stable, you won't experience the psychosis...otherwise you'd be in schizoaffective land.  So, in theory, you could go with just a mood stabilizer and your antidepressant.  I'm personally not comfortable with it at this point having gone through some psychosis stuff recently, but I will say that when I last had some clearly psychotic symptoms (very brief time-wise, but very clear in nature), we increased my lithium and the hallucinations didn't come back....and that reportedly my new AAP is one of the lesser protections on the anti-psychotic front  So the idea of having a mood stabilizer at the right level w/o an AAP is definitely possible in theory.  I wouldn't know since I'm the poster child for polypharmacy. ;-)

for the withdrawal piece--I didn't have a hard time getting off of it, but I wasn't on that high a dose (it was clear early on it was going to be too sedating to be useful).  I'd imagine that you'd be going off of it while going onto the lithium, so maybe that would help out?  I don't know enough to speak to that one well. 

Man do u consider thoughts about being god psychosis because that was what i was experiencing before ever taking any kind of medication and it was a couple of hours so i dont know for sure its psychosis my pdoc told me that yes... and every time i try to smoke weeds i become psychotic so i guess drugs arent for me...

53 minutes ago, bigbangaz said:

Man do u consider thoughts about being god psychosis because that was what i was experiencing before ever taking any kind of medication

I'm not a doctor, but to my mind that is psychosis and since your doctor says it is psychosis then I think you can pretty well accept the fact that it is psychosis. If I were you, I'd take the lithium because that is what your doctor wants you to take. I think if you take the lithium and stay away from the weed then you might not need an antipsychotic but that is up to you and your doctor.