CrazyBoards.org

Ok so in other posts I have posted about topamax and once again I have more questions about it!  

It has seriously thrown my anxiety and panic off the edge. Things I never have really experienced before.  Went off it,  still anxious as hell.  Getting a tad better but still hello... There.  This was the ONLY med that has ever helped me with my bulimia and binge eating. Is it possible to get back on it and be on something else that will ease the side effects from it?  Or is that just the dumbest question?  

TIA!  

• MiaB locked this topic
This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Similar Content

• By Skeletor
      I welcome you to rate all the psychotropic drugs which you took in the past or are taking in the present. A short explanation of your experience with the drug(s) would be helpful, so that we better understand your rating.
      Oh, and please tell us which conditions you treat(ed). Thanks.
      Rating Scale is from 0 to 5... "zero" being the worst, "five" being the best.
      _______________________________________________________________________________
      Sertraline 2 / 5 - subtle effects. Did help with psychosomatic ailments, derealization and cognition, but caused SSRI-typical apathy & indifference. Not sure if it did anything for my social anxiety and psychomotor agitation. At most minor effects. I did take it for two years.
      Mirtazapine 2 / 5 - elephant tranquilizer. Didn't like the severe sedation. Didn't sleep well on it, bad dreams. Caused RLS. Was good for appetite, weight gain and IBS. I was on it for two weeks.
      Promethazine Syrup / Drops 20mg / ml | 3 / 5 - I rather liked that one. At a lowish dose (15 drops or so) it has a nice calming effect on me, without sedating me too much. Lowers anxiety and agitated states. Brings order into chaos. Good for appetite and stomach. I take it occasionally.
      N-acetylcysteine (NAC) 2.5 / 5 - Is a good supplement. Heightened focus, less derealization, world seems more colorful. Interesting stuff. Definitely worth a try.
      Conditions treated: Anxiety, depressive states, psychomotor agitation, somatization disorder.
    • By CrazyCatLady83
      I started process of switching from Cymbalta to Remeron on March 25, and took my last dose of Cymbalta a few days ago. Other than a few days of extreme irritability, things have been going surprisingly smoothly. Except that I can't sleep. Not really. I'm rapid-cycling between moments of being awake and instantly dreaming as soon as I close my eyes. The waking moments seem precipitated by startling effects in the dream state, that usually have nothing to do with the content of the dream itself. The worst of these is the sudden sensation of being physically attacked by an evil presence. It seems to take me a little bit longer to wake up during these instances. Or at least that's how I perceive it.
      How much of this is potentially the residual Cymbalta withdrawal effects, and how much of this is the "strange or unusual dreams" listed as a possible side effect of the Remeron? 
      And more importantly, how long can I expect this to last? If you experienced disturbed dreams while on Remeron, how long did it last for you, and did it turn out to be a deal breaker?
    • By Blahblah
      I've been wanting to get cats for a long time. However, I am highly allergic (moreso to long hair cats than short hair probably), but I'll most likely need to take Allergy meds everyday, long term.
      Does anyone know the contraindications or interactions with psych meds? I don't want to become sedated/groggy. Also, I have Dry eye syndrome, I'm afraid anti-histamines will make it much worse. And Alzheimer's runs in my family, I read somewhere that allergy meds might increase dementia and glaucoma risks? Any insight? @mikl_pls
      I've taken Claritin, Allegra and Zyrtec occasionally, not sure which are the safest? I also wonder how safe it is to be using immune-suppressing meds longterm, (like will my allergies or sensitivity increase, or be triggered by other things, if I stop)?

• By Cyclingsarah
      Hey guys,
      It's my first day on Lexapro/Ecitalopram. It's 2 hours after my first dose (5 mg) and I totally have the giggles. Feeling high/loopy. Have anyone else tried this?
    • By Sugarcraze
      I was prescribed Vraylar as a mood stabilizer for MDD, which I have been diagnosed with for 20 years, along with ADHD and social anxiety. Until I Vraylar gave me an acute manic episode for over a year, which I hid from my doctor because it was so much better than being depressed. But then I came clean and we realized I actually had hypomanic episodes about 2ce a year, but didn’t realize it, I just thought I had some energy. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else has had this reaction to Vraylar?