CrazyBoards.org

So, I have been wondering about this today. From my research I know that clanging is a common verbal problem for those suffering with schizophrenia or bipolar psychosis. But has anyone experienced this phenomenon only mentally?

Before I was diagnosed with my slew of problems I had a very intense episode of several days (if not a week) where I repeated rhyming, unrelated words in my head. It was maddening...it became some sort of mantra I couldn't stop. Now that I think about it, I repeated the words out loud in a desperate attempt to get them out of my head. I had a hard time thinking straight, couldn't sleep. Eventually it went away. But I do still find myself making strange word connections. Could this be an anxiety provoked OCD behaviour? Or some pre-bipolar onslaught? For the record, I have had some strange behaviors, but my PDOC has never classified me as being psychotic.

Thanks,

Poem

We can't diagnose you, but I'm wondering if you have an OCD diagnosis? One symptom doesn't make a diagnosis, but if you have the diagnosis then this symptom could fit in with it. Before you mentioned OCD I thought this sounds like it could be an OCD symptom.

Hi jt07,

I wasn't looking for a diagnosis, just any similar situations. However, I am diagnosed as OCD. "Clanging" is just something that my PDOC never mentioned to me (other than my other symptoms like common checking behaviors, fear of germs/contaminations, mental rituals, counting). But being bipolar as well, I guess some things overlap. Thanks!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By CrazyRedhead
      My therapist wants to try "exposure therapy"......I have read about it and it sounds terrifying to me.
      She is going to talk with me more about it next week.
      Has anyone ever done this type therapy?.......If you have, was it successful or helpful?
      Any thoughts and experiences welcome......Thanks !
    • By Alex C.
      I have searched in vain for anything about this and have not found anything, so I want to ask it here. Anytime I see a recent day or date, I find myself having to calculate how many days ago or how long ago it was relative to whatever today is. It drives me nuts, and sometimes I cannot stop. It is hard to read an article since I often cannot get past when it was published, or when a news story mentions some day in the last week I cannot focus on what the story is about because I am trying to figure out where the event was in time relative to now. Does anyone else do this or know about this? Thanks!
    • By troop111
      Hi,
      Have any of you had or have read of gabapentin being of use as an adjunctive therapy for people with treatment resistant depression/anxiety/bipolar?
      I have been doing research and some sources say it helps, others say there is no strong clinical proof. I think a lot of the conflicting reports I have seen has to do with it simply not being studied en mass.
      Any advice/experiences regarding this? If so, what was your dosing?
      Thank you!
      troop
    • By lauraishere
    • By Aeiou62
      I need some energy, some motivation, some good manic voodoo. Why cant i have that without losing my damn fool mind.?
      Hasnt anyone looked at that? Why must I be either lazy and lethargic or 90mph? Im always tired, always fatigued. I need to know how to get my mojo going WITHOUT my kookoo taging along every time. I cant believe nobody has studied this.