CrazyBoards.org

Luvox, Klonopin, Trileptal, Sleep Apnea, Phase Disorder = Help!

New member here.  First Post!  Hello to all!!

Hopefully I can be helpful to others in the future. 

It's been a long, long road.  Over 18yrs of terrible Anxiety, Depression, OCD.  Have been on most of the Dep. Meds, Anxiety meds, went through TMS in 2013. 

I decided to post here first because I'm having major sleep issues ... probably for the past 6-8 months. 

I currently take:

200mg of Luvox at Bedtime

1200mg of Trileptal - 600mg morning / 600mg before bed

8mg of Klonopin per day (2mg morning, 2mg Lunch, 2mg afternoon, 2mg evening) – 11+yrs on Klon. 

I do have confirmed sleep apnea and use a Resmed Airsense C-Pap machine (been using for 3 months)

I do have confirmed sleep phase disorder.  Usual bedtime is 3-4am, wake-up 10-11am. 

I do not work, on SSD.  I have noticed NO difference in energy, improvement of daytime sleepiness since using the C-Pap.  It does prevent me from snoring, so my wife is happy with that part :)

So here is a "Typical" day of sleep for me:

Take bedtime med dose, Get in bed around 3am.  Start the C-pap, fall asleep in about 30-45min.  I don't know the quality of sleep I'm actually getting though.  I suspect another Hospital Sleep Study is needed.  Attempt to get out of bed around 10am.  Take dose of meds.  Breakfast ... then typically nap from 11am to 1:00pm.  Klonopin with Lunch.  Another nap from 5-6pm.  Wake-up, Eat dinner. Klonopin with Dinner, Klonopin around 8-9pm.

In addition, I have very bad Fatigue, Apathy, 70-80lbs of weight gain since taking Luvox.  I can’t deal with this cycle much longer …

Thoughts?????

• 5 weeks later...

I'm sorry I missed this post! 

Welcome to CB!

I'm sorry you have been going through all the sleep issues that you are. 

Have told your prescribing DR about all of this going on for the past 6-8 months?  I think that would be a good idea if you haven't already. (If you have told DR about this, what did s/he say about it?)

I'm assuming you are already seeing a neurologist because you were diagnosed with sleep apnea and a sleep phase disorder?  If not, a neurologist would be a great next step. 

I would tell the DR who gave you the C-pap that it isn't making a difference when you sleep.  Maybe it needs to be adjusted (Idk much about C-pap machines, but I think they can be adjusted somehow, but that is up to your DR to do) so you feel more rested when you wake up.

Those are my thoughts at the moment.  I hope you are doing better since writing this post!