CrazyBoards.org

maybe. but you'd have to say more for me to be sure. i've definitely felt things happening inside my head that were later deemed "somatic hallucinations". i don't know if what you're talking about qualifies or if that question is one you're getting at, but that happened to me.

i've also found that some medications, like geodon, can make me more...like, i seem to run hotter on it. so my head would feel hot.

are either of those what you're referencing?

2 hours ago, mellifluous said:

maybe. but you'd have to say more for me to be sure. i've definitely felt things happening inside my head that were later deemed "somatic hallucinations". i don't know if what you're talking about qualifies or if that question is one you're getting at, but that happened to me.

i've also found that some medications, like geodon, can make me more...like, i seem to run hotter on it. so my head would feel hot.

are either of those what you're referencing?

There was definitely something going on in my head, with the heat and fuzzy feeling in my head. Also the pulse was really strong, I have normal blood pressure. This was not imagined at all, don't know why it happened or what it was but felt like something was in my head, it was scary.

my apologies if i worded things poorly--i didn't intend to suggest what's happening to you is imagined. i don't think that at all and i regret using phrasing that gave you that impression. 

when i said i've had things in my head that were later said to be somatic hallucinations, i mean that's what mental health people say they are. right now i'm struggling with some of my more challenging thoughts, so i'm trying to accept the medical opinion that i'm sensing things that aren't there...that it's the schizophrenia and not something else. that said, when that happens with me, my belief is that there is something in my head that's been implanted. 

it sounds like what you're dealing with is something different, but you might get a medical opinion, too. i don't know all of the things that could cause that, but getting it checked out might ease your mind. has it stopped? if it happens regularly or when in times of stress, i think it's possible having migraines could cause you to have those symptoms. i mention it because my husband has migraines and he's described them similarly here and there.

best wishes to you and i hope you're feeling better soon. xx