CrazyBoards.org

wellbutrin / melatonin / insomnia / life in genera

couldn't find any interactions on these two, but today i am feeling inattentive, slow, and empty.  i took 6mg of melatonin last night to sleep.  i've been on 150mg of Wellbutrin XL since last Wednesday. Monday (yesterday) i was almost manically hyper and in a ridiculously good mood, even though i got barely 4 hours of sleep. i called three people and told them about my new life plan, how i was going to take this job i'm temping at permanently, move to London in September and pursue my dreams .... and today i'm back in, i have no idea what to do with my life, when is this day going to be over, how am i going to make it to the end of this week mode. 

also, last night i woke up suddenly at 2:30 after only being asleep for 2 hours.  i felt like i had been sleeping all night. 

ack !!  wtf ?? i know i should just be patient and wade through it. but part of me wonders how wise it is to make any life decisions while starting a medication......

couldn't find any interactions on these two, but today i am feeling inattentive, slow, and empty.  i took 6mg of melatonin last night to sleep.  i've been on 150mg of Wellbutrin XL since last Wednesday. Monday (yesterday) i was almost manically hyper and in a ridiculously good mood, even though i got barely 4 hours of sleep. i called three people and told them about my new life plan, how i was going to take this job i'm temping at permanently, move to London in September and pursue my dreams .... and today i'm back in, i have no idea what to do with my life, when is this day going to be over, how am i going to make it to the end of this week mode. 

also, last night i woke up suddenly at 2:30 after only being asleep for 2 hours.  i felt like i had been sleeping all night. 

ack !!  wtf ?? i know i should just be patient and wade through it. but part of me wonders how wise it is to make any life decisions while starting a medication......

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hello tijn2005,

Welcome to the boards.  WB XL will give you the energy in the am andall day long to stay up or at least it should.  Insomnia is definitely a s/e of WB.... it will take a while to go away if it even does.  Wehn I use to take melatonin it would make me groggy the next day.  I was rx Trazodone about 1.5 years ago for my sleep issues.  Traz was originally rx as an anti-depressant.  Now a days b/c it is so weka to all the other meds it is used more for sleeping.  I was rx 50mg, which you can split in half to only take 25mg is needed.  This stuff is very cheap and is non addicting.  Talk to your pdoc about Traz and see hwat he/she says.  It really helped me big time.  ;)

you might want to take a look at the pinned information on melatonin in the sleep thread:

http://www.crazyboards.org/index.php?showtopic=2922

6 mg is a lot of melatonin, i think from what jemini wrote its good to start at a quarter of a 3 mg pill.  and that's assuming melatonin will work, and will offset the wellbutrin insomnia, which it might not. if anything it might make things worse - giving you the grogginess and other side effects of melatonin, along with the hyperness of wellbutrin.  i don't really have any experience with using melatonin successfully - its something i'm still curious about, because i never get 'sleepy' sleepy, but i think its hit and miss, and more often than not miss.  and its probably one of the last things that will work to counteract all the effects of wellbutrin. 

Archived