Jump to content
CrazyBoards.org

Is there anyone who doesn't experience delusions?


Recommended Posts

Just curious. I have read some people saying they don't have or have few hallucinations, but what about delusions -that ones you are 100 % sure they are true and you have no idea they are not-.?

 

I have some weird thoughts, but somewhat I know they may be unreal and I realize it's not what people normally think. I don't consider them delusions.

Edited by Bixo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I did experience the full delusions where I thought they were 100% true, when in reality they were not (I didn't know that though while it all was happening; when I got more insight into things I was embarrassed that I had even believed them).  Meds helped get me out of the bad situation I was in.

At the moment though, I don't have those types of delusions that I think are 100% true when they really aren't.  I mean I have suspicions, but that is all they are, and I realize they are most likely not real. 

 

Have you tried getting reality checks?  Like asking someone you trust if (one of your 'weird' thoughts) is true or not?  Do you have any examples?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey, cool, I just posted something related to this. So I have thoughts.

 

I'm fairly certain I had delusions, but they were not as strong or persistent as some things other people have described. I thought people were following me, plotting against me, people could read my mind, that everything was floating even though I could see things were touching the ground, and occasionally that I was dead/not real/not organic. But I often had moments of 'no, that can't be right...' I never lost touch with reality exactly, it was more like I believed two things at once. 

 

So, maybe there are degrees of delusions? But honestly I'm very conflicted/confused myself, so take what I'm saying with a boulder of salt.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, melissaw72 said:

I did experience the full delusions where I thought they were 100% true, when in reality they were not (I didn't know that though while it all was happening; when I got more insight into things I was embarrassed that I had even believed them).  Meds helped get me out of the bad situation I was in.

At the moment though, I don't have those types of delusions that I think are 100% true when they really aren't.  I mean I have suspicions, but that is all they are, and I realize they are most likely not real. 

 

Have you tried getting reality checks?  Like asking someone you trust if (one of your 'weird' thoughts) is true or not?  Do you have any examples?

Thank you for answering.

I don't have anyone to ask IRL, but I try to check reality by my own.  I can't tell you details of what it is because I am afraid someone from real life would read it and find who I am, the only thing I can say it's reality is somehow broken and fake, I am still studying it. It's like a falling matrix. I need to find out if life and what there is around be is really true or just a computer thing.

Edited by Bixo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/24/2016 at 9:45 AM, Bixo said:

I don't have anyone to ask IRL, but I try to check reality by my own.  I can't tell you details of what it is because I am afraid someone from real life would read it and find who I am, the only thing I can say it's reality is somehow broken and fake, I am still studying it. It's like a falling matrix. I need to find out if life and what there is around be is really true or just a computer thing.

(in first bold) How about asking your pdoc/tdoc about what you aren't sure about?

(in second bold) I respect that. 

(third bold) FWIW, sometimes watching the news helped me get back into some reality because I would see what was happening, and just see that what I thought was true, wasn't.  (whatever belief I had at the time).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On August 24, 2016 at 10:45 AM, Bixo said:

Thank you for answering.

I don't have anyone to ask IRL, but I try to check reality by my own.  I can't tell you details of what it is because I am afraid someone from real life would read it and find who I am, the only thing I can say it's reality is somehow broken and fake, I am still studying it. It's like a falling matrix. I need to find out if life and what there is around be is really true or just a computer thing.

Hello there;

I don't want to cause any distress or discomfort but I'll try to superficially talk about those questions but first I'll say to you something that my TDOC and also PODC told me.

'My problem' it's not what I think, 'my problem' is how I react to it.

Meaning that, my questioning about reality wasn't an issue but how it was impairing me, that was the issue.

If I think about, there are too much literature on reality, probably most of those philosophers or writers would not reach a state of 'freaking the sh*t out' like I'm used to.

The concept of Matrix is out there, the chances that we live in a simulacrum isn't anything stupid to think about.

I would say that even a creational method would be a simulacrum of reality but would sound more humane, that's why the comfort is more acceptable in assimilation with your creator.

You're not alone in this, I don't particularly share this as something that I believe but I can't say for sure what I experience isn't a simulacrum or divine or made by machines or divine machine or even a superior intelligence but wait, if God possessed human atributes, would God be a superior intelligence?

Anyway.

What I found useful is not getting mad in the process and not focusing only on what's reality or where this sense of awareness come from.

I think it's more important learning how to deal with my thoughts and my perceptions in a way that I'm just okay and not overwhelmed by those concepts. 

I think I accepted reality as something more mundane without getting to now the source of it.

I think, if you study those concepts, you're also going to find out that you're perceiving the same thing as a bunch of people perceived.

Some very accomplish people on a social view, would say that there's a chance of this all being just made out of a computer because they projected that we would also be able to compute the same 'chances' of what's happening in our so called reality.

They can also just be just too confident in believing that they would create that.

Those people are not in distress, they just leave it as a possibility and still do their jobs and are funcional in society, they leave room for chances and don't act upon it.

The essence of existence and consciousness is something too tough to lead your life on, specially if it's causing you distress and not paying your bills.

I hope this doesn't cause you any more distress.

I will say again what I took comfort from:

'My problem' it's not what I think, 'my problem' is how I react to it.

Those aren't maximum truths, are just theories...

I never found anything better than 'reasoning' to work with those chances.

Try to make your questioning something health and constructive.

 

Edited by uncomfortable thoughts
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, melissaw72 said:

(in first bold) How about asking your pdoc/tdoc about what you aren't sure about?

(in second bold) I respect that. 

(third bold) FWIW, sometimes watching the news helped me get back into some reality because I would see what was happening, and just see that what I thought was true, wasn't.  (whatever belief I had at the time).

I don't trust him enough to do it...

Thank you.

That makes sense. Maybe I should also go for a walk to feel I still exist.

2 hours ago, uncomfortable thoughts said:

Hello there;

I don't want to cause any distress or discomfort but I'll try to superficially talk about those questions but first I'll say to you something that my TDOC and also PODC told me.

'My problem' it's not what I think, 'my problem' is how I react to it.

Meaning that, my questioning about reality wasn't an issue but how it was impairing me, that was the issue.

If I think about, there are too much literature on reality, probably most of those philosophers or writers would not reach a state of 'freaking the sh*t out' like I'm used to.

The concept of Matrix is out there, the chances that we live in a simulacrum isn't anything stupid to think about.

I would say that even a creational method would be a simulacrum of reality but would sound more humane, that's why the comfort is more acceptable in assimilation with your creator.

You're not alone in this, I don't particularly share this as something that I believe but I can't say for sure what I experience isn't a simulacrum or divine or made by machines or divine machine or even a superior intelligence but wait, if God possessed human atributes, would God be a superior intelligence?

Anyway.

What I found useful is not getting mad in the process and not focusing only on what's reality or where this sense of awareness come from.

I think it's more important learning how to deal with my thoughts and my perceptions in a way that I'm just okay and not overwhelmed by those concepts. 

I think I accepted reality as something more mundane without getting to now the source of it.

I think, if you study those concepts, you're also going to find out that you're perceiving the same thing as a bunch of people perceived.

Some very accomplish people on a social view, would say that there's a chance of this all being just made out of a computer because they projected that we would also be able to compute the same 'chances' of what's happening in our so called reality.

They can also just be just too confident in believing that they would create that.

Those people are not in distress, they just leave it as a possibility and still do their jobs and are funcional in society, they leave room for chances and don't act upon it.

The essence of existence and consciousness is something too tough to lead your life on, specially if it's causing you distress and not paying your bills.

I hope this doesn't cause you any more distress.

I will say again what I took comfort from:

'My problem' it's not what I think, 'my problem' is how I react to it.

Those aren't maximum truths, are just theories...

I never found anything better than 'reasoning' to work with those chances.

Try to make your questioning something health and constructive.

 

This is... illuminating.

I could never understand why I was labeled with psychosis -partially- because of my ideas if other people who had them were just philosophers and not metally ill. Now it makes sense.

 

Thank you.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...