CrazyBoards.org

Has anyone managed to do it? How?! 

I've gained more than 30lbs on Seroquel and I really want to lose at least half of that. I feel like I'm eating well and exercising daily, but I just keep gaining. What the hell?

Yes, I have. 10 lbs so far, I only look at my weight at pdoc appts.

Are you taking xr? I take mine immediately before bed, it sedates me only for 2-3 hours, but oddly enough, no middle of the night munchies. Other than calming my screaming head, I've had no other s/e.

*300mg xr

You've caught it more quickly than I did (I honestly didn't remember you were on it)!  That's a good part of the battle.  That said, I had to get off of it because I couldn't lose weight and continued to gain as I was going down on it.  I sincerely hope you'll have more luck though.  From what I can tell, I'm not the only one in my mess, but there are many who were successful.

I gained a lot of weight on Seroquel over the years but am slowly losing it....and I really emphasise the word slowly!! Over the past 2 years I have lost about 35 lbs. I started metformin earlier in the year and I feel that it has helped with the weight loss. I also try to stick to a very low fat diet but unfortunately crave sugar a lot hence the very slow weight loss!

I had to switch to the XR. That helped me lose 35 - 40  lbs. I was taking the IR Seroquel and then zyprexa and those led to 100 lb weight gain (i especially blame those many years on zyprexa 20 mg). Which is slowly coming off thanks to Seroquel XR. It can creep up on you. Good for you for having insight into this and being proactive. Maybe ask about the XR if you can? I take 800 mg of it and am able to lose weight. I exercise 4 -5 times a week and eat not so good but I've still lost 35 - 40 lbs now.