CrazyBoards.org

Fought my first Panic Attack and Won

I have just been positive thinking for 4-5 hours when a panic attack started and I seem to have made it through it but I am mentally weak now. I had a bad attack yesterday that put me in Hospital and I found the strength to fight today and I have so many bruises from them trying to put lines into me. BUT  I will hopefully write more when my mind clears a bit but just to let you know if you fight you can win.

I hope everyone is well

I am glad you made it through. I am always worn out after having on, too. Your body has so many chemicals pumping through it during that fight-or-flight response, it would wear anyone out. Looking forward to hearing more when you're up for writing. 

Well what did I do, I started to feel panicked and just decided to try and fight it, I sat in the front room/TV room and played music and used my internet connection to find crap to read.

I just started to fight every thought that was negative with something positive which was a strain on me. I put on a load of media to keep my mind busy, I smoked too much and drank a few cans and tried to eat a banana and salt and vinegar hula hoops. My mother helped a lot saying that I was doing well.

I had a panic attack the day before that I put hospital with so to fight this on the next was very tiring, I am tired all the time but I feel better after 5 hours of a fight, it was not pleasant but it ended up working in the end. I can not say this will work for everyone but it worked for me,

There is more likely things I have missed but memory was not on my side at the time

1 hour ago, .id said:

I used a lot of media to keep myself busy and tv and music And some banana and salt and vinegar crisps/chips

I totally use media the same way when I'm feeling anxious. And any other emotion I don't like :P I tend to watch movies or blast music to distract myself until it eases

well done on making it through one.  they suck like crazy.  i got an awful one back in high school (or so I think; I left without a diagnosis if I remember correctly).  I had a bunch during  my first IP admission and they showed me a ilttle pamphlet entitled "panic disorder."  It felt strange, but I was new to mental health at the time, so I read through it. 

These days, I, knock on wood, don't get many full-blown ones.  I'll have why I consider smaller variety anxiety attacks where I feel it physically but I don't have any of the emotional or cognitive piece to it.  It's like I get the tightness in my chest, the creepy crawly feeling in my arms, and so on and so forth.  I've mostly been able to breathe that variety out, but once I really wished I had ativan on hand.  I always have a hard time telling when to use something that's PRN, but when it's full-blown attacking me, that's pretty obvious to me.  That said, you somehow pulled it off without one, so more power to you. 

I have had many before but just decided to fight it that day, I have been tired since and family life has not been good but I hope I can use it again when I get another attack.

Just wish their was energy drinking that could be injected into your brain :P