CrazyBoards.org

smokers in Ontario...Or Canada for that matter

okay, so im advertising. BUT! its for a good cause.

centre for addiction and mental health (which is my crazy hospital, heh) in Toronto is launching a government funded program that is sending out free NRT for 5 weeks - for those who qualify.

it is going live tomorrow at 6pm and is being aired on City TV - and will probably be aired on all other news stations as well...

anyway.

for anyone interested, its a really great idea.  if youre interested let me know...i can give you the phone number thats going to be aired. BUT the lines will be open UNTIL 6pm.

ive wanted to quit for a long time and free patches or gum sounds better than having to pay for them...

cant hurt to try.

tal

ash

okay so just got an update *this is our new client*

lines are opening at 10am after a broadcast at 10am on city tv. then, airing again at 6pm and possibly across CTV, CFTO...etc.

they are only accepting 14,000 participants, btw.

that's it!

tal

edit: 

the number for today is 1-800-350-5305!

thanks.

i just wanted to add that wherever you are, look up your local tobacco dependency clinics if you're looking to quit.  i know theres one here in my town in NJ that offers free NRT and prescriptions (zyban aka wellbutrin, prescription NRT such as inhalers).  my opinion is the patch is the most effective, and the inhaler is good for something to replace the action of smoking.  zyban shouldn't be taken if you have a history of seizures or anorexia.

Archived