CrazyBoards.org

Trying to find someone who cares

redfox

No one cares about me. No one calls me. I feel desperately alone and have no outlet. [edited to remove specific self harm method]. I told my therapist but therapy is pointless. I think I might be depressed. I hate myself because I can't find any support and feel so alone.

I'm sorry you feel so alone and without support. That really sucks.

If your therapy is pointless, perhaps you have not found the right therapist. There are many different therapeutic modalities out there and some fit some people while other fit other people. In the interest of full disclosure, I suffer from major depression that is endogenous, and I have not found therapy helpful for my endogenous depression. However, I have had situational depression on top of the endogenous stuff that has been helped by therapy. So therapy can help. Depending on the type of depression it may help a lot.

I strongly suggest you get a psychiatrist. The right meds can work wonders for depression. I would be dead right now without my meds and that is not an overstatement. 

As far as people caring ... well, you've got to open up as to how bad you are feeling. I think you will find that (true) friends and family will care if they know how you are hurting.

Hi redfox.

It's really hard to feel alone, especially when it seems like nothing good is going to happen from trying to tell people who are supposed to help (ie therapist).

I edited your post to remove the specific self harm method you mentioned because we ask people to refrain from sharing specific methods here. 

This forum is here to help support you in finding other ways to manage emotions and to cope with urges to self harm.

What did your therapist say when you told them? If I remember correctly, this is the second time you've done that specific behavior and you just got out of hospital for it. 

I encourage you to seek medical care to ensure you didn't do medical damage to yourself.

I'm right there with you. Im married but my husband doesn't understand my self harm and yells at me making me feel even more ashamed about it. My friends don't understand, like you said therapy is nice but who wants someone who is paid to listen? We want people to try to understand. I feel alone a lot of the time, I put on the "happy" face and inside I'm slowly dying. Message me if you want to talk.

• Like 1

Still have urges now and then (every couple of days). Switching out beer for coffee and going for walks. Busier and going to a med appointment 3-4 times a week. Also when I have an urge I go on crisis chat or call a therapist. I have syringes that I picked up Sunday and it is comforting that I have control of them. One person mentioned injecting water if I have an urge but have not wanted to. Thats for checking in jt07 and dark angel24 I sent you a private message.