CrazyBoards.org

Fucking Apeshit is who I am.

I thought what the hell, I'm bored. Let me introduce myself since I'm new.

My name is Riche.

I'm 19. Live in North Carolina.

I'm fucking nuts.

Dx: Borderline Personality Disorder, Binge Eating Disorder

Rx: 75mg quetiapine (Seroquel), 150 mg venlafaxine HCL (Effexor XR)

Tx: Talk therapy, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy

Hx: Beginning in middle school, my parents were worried about the way I acted when I was at home. I tended to stay locked up in my room and often went from being happy and loving to cruel and hateful in a matter of a few hours. I got severely angry about ridiculous things and often enough became violent. They talked to me about it, and about seeing a psychiatrist, but I refused until my junior year in highschool. In highschool, after puberty, I came out of my shell, and was very social, but my social relationships were always stormy. I fought a lot, verbally, and occasionally would hit someone, kick them, throw things at them, hit them with things... My parents became worried again, and having only seen me when I was coming down from a fight at home and crying and sobbing, they feared depression. I saw a doctor and was diagnosed as having depression and prescribed 20mg fluoxetine (Prozac). The prozac made me nauseous and ridiculously manic (a friend actually thinks that might be because I have a mild bipolar II). However, I was really uncomfortable around this doctor, partially because I felt like he was judging me all the time, so I never told him anything, and mostly just cursed him and stormed in and out of his office bitching. When I found a new doctor, whom I love beyond explanation, I was much more open about my relationships, my insecurities, and my ridiculous eating habits. Therefore, my two other diagnoses were stuck to me, and I was prescribed Effexor, and I tapered up 150 mg. I was later prescribed Seroquel, and tapered to 100 mg, before having problems with EPS (tardive dyskinesia and parkinsonism). Not only am I having these really fucked up dreams, I have a tremor that can cause me to spill my drinks, and I recently developed this really nasty tick with my mouth. I'm down to 75mg, and since it was a recent dosage change and not too horribly significant, I'm probably going to keep having EPS problems for a while, but I think I'm going to talk to my doctor about a switch.

I know nothing about criteria for anything really, unless it's something I've been told I have. So I must ask. Is it possible to have more than one personality disorder? And what disorders might trigger me to think people are secretly plotting to hurt me behind my back, and might cause me to think people can hear my thoughts and listen to my dreams? =/ I also have a tendency to lie about the most ridiculous things when I'm under pressure, and I tend to be extremely private with anything that belongs to me.

Hey Richie.  Welcome. 

I have a tremor that can cause me to spill my drinks, and I recently developed this really nasty tick with my mouth. I'm down to 75mg, and since it was a recent dosage change and not too horribly significant, I'm probably going to keep having EPS problems for a while, but I think I'm going to talk to my doctor about a switch.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't know why your doc isn't considering a switch if you are having EPS symptoms?  Does he know about them?  I'm sure you know these can be permanent.  I personally would not stay on anything that gave me EPS.

Is it possible to have more than one personality disorder?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes it is. 

And what disorders might trigger me to think people are secretly plotting to hurt me behind my back, and might cause me to think people can hear my thoughts and listen to my dreams?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Paranoid Personality Disorder.  But with BPD you can get symptoms of paranoia when under stress.  I would venture to guess that the paranoia is part of your BPD and not a seperate Dx.

#9 from the DSM on BPD 9. Transient, stress-related paranoid ideation or severe dissociative symptoms

Sorry Im probably coming across abrupt right now but just wanted to say hi but my people skills are lacking today.

Archived