CrazyBoards.org

I have been going to SMART Recovery meetings. It is cbt based. I brought some worksheets into therapy and we went over them. So far, so good. It has been 19 days since i started and I have not been drinking.

My friend took me to an AA meeting, and i went to one by my house.I was concerned it would be too religious and it seems that way. I decided I am going to stick with something that is working for me.

I let it out in a group at work that I am going to the SMART meetings. I just wanted to mention there are alternatives. But,I felt pressured to reveal more than I was planning and now I am thinking I said too much. It is okay to be in recovery, it is just such a short time. I am not going to mention it again.

That is fantastic, confused.  I'm so glad you've found something that is working well for you.  I've never done sobriety programs myself, but I agree with you that spreading awareness of other options is important.

Sorry to hear it ended with you feeling pressured to reveal more about yourself & situation than you wanted.  That was not okay and none of their business.  It is definitely okay to be in recovery, it means you're working hard at trying to take care of yourself and do better.

Agreed there's no need to mention it again.

Teen Challenge can be good.. depends on who is teaching it.. and it does not cost anything.. dont let the "Teen" thing keep you out.. I found people of all ages there even a few in their 60s