CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
Yunglegend16

The best coping method for Schizophrenia (EASY TO DO)

Before I go on with my so-called "coping method" that I am testing personally, I would like to start with an introduction first.

Schizophrenia is merely a state of mind. Why do I say that? Well it's because of the way we perceive Schizophrenia. Whenever someone were to say Schizophrenia, it would be synonymous with "crazy", "lunatic", or for some people, in the wake of all these mass shootings, possibly even "evil". But is that really what it is, and is that really how you should treat it? Currently, the psychiatric drug industry is getting multiple trillions of dollars a year to make marginally effective prescription medication that has no real effects. I know this first hand. I remember taking 10 pills a day and still feeling unhappy with life. Because it's not Schizophrenia that is the problem, it is negativity. Why do I say that Schizophrenia isn't your real problem? Well, think about this for a second: have you ever wanted to take a drug, such as LSD, because you think (or thought) it was (or would be) a fun thing to do? Just thinking about hallucinations and euphoria? How is Schizophrenia any different than that? With SchizoAffective Disorder (which is what I have), you have the exact same effect. And yes, euphoria is a symptom. So perhaps you should of Schizophrenia as your drug-free method of getting high. Its free, both in price and of drugs, it's legal as in it isn't a crime to be "under the influence" of this particular brain substance, and it's natural, think of Marijuana. 

The more negatively you think about it, the worse it will get for you. But when you make something positive about it, the effects become reversed. The more positively you think about it, the better it gets. Having delusional thoughts? Write them down, type them in to a document, or do whatever you want with it. It's a very creative way of thinking. With Schizophrenia, you connect all kinds of dots, be it based on real or imaginary things. Just have fun with those thoughts. The more you let your counselor let you think negatively about it, it will become bad to you. But the more positively you think about it, the better it will be for you. In fact, delusions could even be an inspiration for stories, and other things. Make something of it? Are you feeling paranoid? The paranoia must've hit you then. 

Don't let the counselor or whoever let you think that "imaginary feelings of being more important, powerful or superior than you actually are" is a bad thing. It inspires self-confidence. This world needs more bright and intelligent minds. In fact, a lot people with Schizophrenia do in fact have higher IQs after all. Make something out of it. So you see why i say Schizophrenia isn't your problem but depression and moodiness is? And besides, self-confidence, regardless of how "exaggerated" it is, is NEVER a bad thing. Not having it is.

Having hallucinations? You're just tripping. Are they scary? Just face your fears. Dont be afraid as they are not really going to hurt you. Make friends with whatever "voice" or "person/figure/thing" that you see with your eyes or hear in your head or ears. It will become far less scary to you at this point, and you'll probably feel a lot less lonely.

Enjoy your trip. Depression is only a hangover. Keep having fun, stop being bored and make something with who you are and appreciate who you are and what good you can do. You arent in a vegetative state attached to a hospital bed with no opportunity to move ever, but just sitting there constantly, paralyzed. You aren't disabled, unless you mean that in terms of impaired judgment (which is again, the same terminology used for drugs and alcohol). Sure, drugs are bad, but this is your natural high. You can control it sometimes. Maybe. But even if you can't, don't even put too much worry into it.

Behaving differently? It's normal to you, isn't it? Do you care about what others think? Why do you care? Is it because you want to fit in with them more? Of course. But you've got yourself and all those different things you call friends and allies, dont you? Sure, having other friends who understand and accept you more is perfect. But I think you can do without those that think of you as lower when they hear about this "imperative disorder". 

With this line of thinking, you might not even need a therapist anymore! But then again, this what helps me more than anything and I've noticed that prescription drugs always make me worse, no matter what antipsychotic it is. Now benzos are different, but that's another story of course. 

I thought of this as a coping method for my Schizophrenia after remembering what I told myself when I was high and kinda having a hard time. You wanted to get high, didn't you? You aren't sober and bored, so you shouldn't let those negative feelings get to you, but you should instead embrace and enjoy.

After you have figured this out, you can set an easier stage for other things. Anger problems? Again, negativity in all forms is a bad thing. While its easy to get sucked back in to that negativith, just remember these lyrics "if at first you don't succeed, dust yourself off and try again." 

And there you have it. Any questions? Comments?

Thank you, very much indeed, for one of the most persuasive arguments we have ever seen here for why it is necessary to have a degree in psychiatry or psychology before attempting to treat patients.

What a revelation! We can all miraculously shed the debilitating mental illness that has ravaged our lives for years through the simple power of Wishful Thinking!

Listen up, you twit, this is your second post and you are blathering nonsense to people who have been fighting the real fight in the trenches, some of us for decades. Some of us are survivors of the worst horrors the human mind can produce, on top of coping with horrors that have been done to us by other people. Your "depression is a hangover" schtick marks you as a neophyte at best, if you in fact are facing MI of your own at all.

So my recommendation is this, before you embarrass yourself any further - lurk around here and read people's posts until you understand what life is like here and what really goes on in a peer support forum. Do not speak again until you get it. If you don't, there are plenty of terribly clever people here who will delight in lampooning you.

Actually, I think this is an attempt at satire.  That's going to be my take because I'm radiating love and happy thoughts today

• Like 1

Yunglegend16, thank you for your post, I'm going to try some of your suggestions.

Edited by puddle of fire

Wow. That was a hot mess.

Some degree of positive thinking can be helpful. I value some creative tendencies I have that I think are influenced by my MI. BUT, omg, see a therapist and stay on your meds. 

Also, being mentally ill is not a trip. People choose to take hallucinogens, and they wear off eventually. A thing that is bearable for a day is not always going to be bearable for months or years. 

Official notice: y'all can have until I get home from running my errands this evening to play with the troll, and then I'm locking this thread. Have fun, kids!

Please don't close it.  I need more time.  I'm working on a companion essay for manic depressives 

I agree, please don't close this thread. Sometimes only schizophrenics can understand each other. Just a reminder...it's a thought disorder.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Yunglegend16 said:

With Schizophrenia, you connect all kinds of dots, be it based on real or imaginary things. Just have fun with those thoughts.

(in bold)  This is what got me into a lot of trouble.  I had "fun" with the thoughts that were telling me what to do, or suggesting things, whatever ... then acted on them.

6 hours ago, Yunglegend16 said:

delusions could even be an inspiration for stories, and other things.

I have stories from back when off all meds, which I don't want to remember because of consequences to some of them.  So they were "inspirations" for "stories," and like I said above, I acted on them.  When you have delusions, and sometimes hallucinations added to that, I think people (at least myself) have a tendency to act on them/listen to them.  I don't mean everyone with SZ/SZA, but I think a large number of people do act on the delusions.  Whether they get in trouble or end up in a psychiatric hospital, Idk. 

So it is not "just" thoughts.

There's just so much wrong with this post that I don't even know where to begin. It's just all wrong. Depression is a hangover? Please. Hallucinations are a trip? Right.

Nowhere does the OP mention that untreated psychosis, mania, or depression can have a very negative impact on the brain.

Gearhead is right to close this thread.

Don't let the counselor or whoever let you think that "imaginary feelings of being more important, powerful or superior than you actually are" is a bad thing. It inspires self-confidence. This world needs more bright and intelligent minds. I

Vote-Trump-He-Good-Guy-The-Donald-Not-So

Read it if y'all like, but every single idea in the original post is a terrible one, and I think the OP is a troll, so this is the end of the conversation.