CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
olga

Are you registered to vote?

Yesterday was National Register to Vote day in the US.  I urge everyone to check with their county Board of Elections and make SURE you are registered to vote.  During the primary season, there were lots of people who went to the polls and found out that they were NOT registered and therefore couldn't vote.

If you haven't voted in a few years, your state may have wiped your name from the rolls.  If you moved within the last few years, you need to re-register in your new location.  There could have been a computer glitch and your name was dropped from the list.  There are dozens of reasons why you might not be registered, so please check.

You may think that the two presidential candidates are pretty lame and you're not interested in voting for either one.  I understand those feelings (I live with an avid Bernie supporter), but the fact remains that there are lots of other elections going on in November.  The entire House of Representatives is up for election:  do you want another 2 years of a do-nothing Congress?  If you don't, look at the candidates in your district and make a choice.  Ditto for the Senate---one third of the Senators are up for re-election.  Do we want a Senate that will finally fill the vacancy on the Supreme Court?  Please VOTE!

There are also contests for all the state legislatures.  In my district, one guy is running who has been a corrupt tool of his party for many years.  He is being challenged by a reform-minded candidate.  Voting for the right person could make a real difference.

This is long-winded and boring, but please please please check to see if you are registered and then vote.  I know we are depressed and have anxiety and other issues, and that's why we're here at Crazyboards.  But we're still citizens and need to do our part to change this freaking quagmire of a government.

I checked about a month ago with Town Hall, and I am definitely registered to vote :)

3 hours ago, melissaw72 said:

I checked about a month ago with Town Hall, and I am definitely registered to vote :)

Yay!  Good to hear.

olga