CrazyBoards.org

Feeling Completely Betrayed by Tdoc

For the New Year, I finally decided to trash my old tdoc who reminded me of my mom (in a bad way) and who I felt wasn't getting me anywhere, but in circles.  So my new tdoc requested my old records that I had been trying to get a hold of for months.  The old therapist always had an excuse or skirted around it.

My new therapist looked at the "Do not release to client" stamp on the bottom of the page from the other place and handed them to me.

Turns out that I've qualified for case management and state intervention since 2004, but my therapist decided that I DIDN'T need them since I was working.  Never mind that the notes are full of those tell-tale words like "manic" "depressed" "lost her health insurance" "referred her to the ER for immediate intake" "can't organize" and such subtle signs of NEEDING HELP!

Three different occassions she wrote that I qualified and re-qualified, but that she felt I didn't need it.  I KNOW that I asked for a caseworker at least twice and she said she'd get back to me.

I crashed and burned in 2005.  I got myself a damn caseworker a couple months ago, called my therapist and told her to send a referral, because I just couldn't do it myself anymore.  I was falling apart.  I had been since March.  And she knew it.

I keep almost spontaneously bursting into tears.  I can't even trust my therapist to give me the help that I'm entitled to?  And asked for?  That's going to work just fucking dandily for my trust issues.

So far, yes.  My first session was last week, and I despised him, but it was the earliest I had been up in 2 months and I was not in reality yet.  And paranoid.

He's really open.  And definitely doesn't remind me of my mother in any way.  Yet. ;)   But how am I supposed to trust him?  I might as well just smooth out a welcome mat that says "Overly trusting.  Fuck me over."

Color me cynical.

Color me cynical.

Is that like cyan?

That entire story is absolutely fucking amazing.  It strains credulity that your former therapist could miss ALL THOSE WARNING SIGNALS that you needed help, and didn't allow you to receive that help.  And then she DIRECTLY LIED TO YOU.  That is entirely unethical.  It is terribly difficult to qualify for such assistance in most places.  If you qualify, you probably DO need it.  I wonder if her actions are not only unethical, but illegal. 

I like that your new therapist saw the "do not release to patient" stamp on your own records and immediately handed them over. 

At the very least, there has to be some sort of state board you can report her to.  Maybe your new therapist can help?  No one can be held responsible for the simple fact of your crashing and burning -- we're crazy, it's what we do from time to time -- but from your post, it seems there were so many warning signs, and she intentionally kept you from resources you were requesting which might have helped.  She denied you help.  There has to be a way to hold her accountable on some level. 

I am sorry you went through this, JBella.  No one deserves to be fucked over that way.  I hope that your new therapist will continue to prove himself to be better, and that you will be able to learn to appropriately trust. 

Here's a box of Crayolas.  Take any colors you like. 

Oooh, colors!  *rustle*  Due to d/c my Topamax, I'm going to scribble myself with burnt sienna, because I feel like ass.

Thanks, guys, I really needed some validation there.  I'm going to ask the new guy what he thinks when I see him next time.

And I may go color the old tdoc puce.  I can't think of more unappetizing color at the moment.

Hehe.  This is reminding me of Harry Potter and Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans, specifically Professor Dumbledore cough-choking and saying "Alas!  Earwax."  There's more to these colors than meets the eye.  ;)

So far, yes.  My first session was last week, and I despised him, but it was the earliest I had been up in 2 months and I was not in reality yet.  And paranoid.

He's really open.  And definitely doesn't remind me of my mother in any way.  Yet. ;)   But how am I supposed to trust him?  I might as well just smooth out a welcome mat that says "Overly trusting.  Fuck me over."

Color me cynical.

i think that the fact that he handed you the file shows that he's working on having an open trusting tdoc relationship with you.

it's true that you don't want to be the person who's constantly victimized b/c you are trusting, but it sucks just as much to be cynical and not let yourself trust. 

take it slow and see how it goes.

I try to be cynical, but I don't think I can be something I'm not.  I figured that out on Saturday night at a club when I ended up apologizing to a guy who kissed my boots.  (long story) 

Sigh.  Color me wishful.

I try to be cynical, but I don't think I can be something I'm not.  I figured that out on Saturday night at a club when I ended up apologizing to a guy who kissed my boots.  (long story) 

ok, you don't get to start a story like that and not finish it.  i don't care if it is long and off-topic, now i just have to know!

Archived