CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
bigbangaz

Gym work out

Hi allcim currently on 120 mg geodon and 900 mg lithium diagnosed as bipolar1 can u still get good results at the gym and workout with the use of antipsychotics and lithium i mean i wanna be a bodybuilder but i think the antipsychotic inhibit my goal plus i want to lift as much as possible and im feeling like im stuck on the same weights a lot of time im at 60 kg at bench press that sucks... would like to hear for someone else who trains...

I'm not training, but Geodon causes muscle loss and fat gain. That's not saying you definitely can't build muscle, but it's an obstacle.

I'm not a super huge fan of geodon myself.  That said, it's not ALL AAPs that are culprits.  I have taken Seroquel since dx, and I am an avid yoga person, doing 1-2 hours of yoga a day.  I'm mostly muscle.  That said, A) have you gotten your heart screened, Geodon is really one of the worst for the Q-T heart interval, and I wouldn't want to be lifting on it unless i was safe  B) if Geodon's working, you'll have to figure out the value of trying something else, vs. efficacy. 

Good luck!

Anna