CrazyBoards.org

Guest reggie

im on 100mg seroquel.

if i drink, i drink before i take it. i usually wait like two hours before taking seroquel.

ive only had one instance where there was an issue.. i woke up in the middle of the night to pee and i fainted cause i guess seroquel and alcohol combined can give you low blood pressure.

other than that, ive never had an issue

Guest Guest

Drinking 1 or 2 would probably be okay, but do not BINGE.. It altered my personality in the worst way and It took DAYS to get back on track..

Guest Guest_bojangles_*

I am on 600mg seroquel and 40mg celexa and lately I drink a 5th a night, I take meds just before bed so I dont have any effects. I wouldnt advised it to anyone though.

Guest 4everindenial

I have been on 100-300mg seroquel for the past 18 months (insert 9 year history of off and on meds for bipolar) for the first month i did not drink, but i have to admit, i enjoy my 4-5 glasses of wine at night, so perhaps i've just allowed it to become a part of my life again, but it is rare that i do not have wine at night after taking my med. i'm not sure the side effects on my body, i wouldn't go into public after taking my med at any rate, but after a couple of drinks, i'm pretty much worthless. It is so easy to isolate when that is your natural inclination. I would not advise anyone to drink on meds though...

Guest OMG

OMG, I am currently sitting up and researching the effects of drinking alcohol and taking Seroquel because I had a few drinks(3 glasses of wine) last night and it hit me like a freaking freight train! I have only been on 100mg for about a week so maybe it is just still too new to my system. Regardless, I am NOT NOT NOT drinking again.

Guest ZBP

Hello,

I'm on serequel 25mg aswell. I'm not a drinker at large, but sometimes I do feel like having something. I won't suggest you drinking and taking the tablet. If you had something, rather leave the tablet. And even beter, my pshyciatrist told me, but I'm on other meds aswell, rather to not use alcohol. And experience showed me, that even when not taking the tablet, rather stay away. I did it one nihgt, I had the most terible night ever. Struggle to sleep and the worst dreams I had in a long time.

In short: If it is not the end of the world for you, avoid drinking!

Guest tony martin

im on a "what i think" is a low dose of 100mg o' seroquel and i just dont take it lol. whenever i feel adventurous i'll have half of the 100 and see where it goes from there..total trooper then 100mg XD. yes i know its bad but who couldnt resist being in a zombie state of alcohol/seroquel? its a thrill for about..10 minutes then lights out, your knocked out. For fears sake if you drink moderately then expect a normal morning of waking up, coffee, and whatever lol. not too much to worry about. been doing that and drinking quite a bit for being 19 "not too proud 'bout that".

Guest Sillydohgrl

I also take 200mg and sometimes more of seroquel. I have taken as much as 600 and drank. I just get loopy

I get totally looped, passed out, falling down stairs, can't walk, can't remember s**t next day. I forget I've taken my meds and so take some more, wake up later and have a few more pulls and maybe some clonies for the morning hangover. Repeat and fade.

It's not recommended. I've had my blood pressure drop down to 40 once (I don't know if that was where it should have been 120 or 80, I was too f****d up to really understand the EMT. I just remember him saying 40 and that I really really should consider going with him to the ER).

Edited by cairn

Guest Mike

funny thing is, seroquel doesn't put you to sleep.. it's all in your mind.

i went from 50mg to 450mg and stay awake the entire time, in fact , next month ill get scrip for 600mg cause really this isn't sedating enough.. at all..

in fact, since my mind has figured out seroquel and how it's not really a sleeping agent I thikn I need a strong sleeping pill

Guest Weasel

Hi there everyone

I have been on 625 mg of Lithium once a day, Lamictal 50 mg once a day and 100 mg of Seroquel once a day for several years.

It's really interesting to read the discussion here about alcohol and those drugs - well, Lithium and Seroquel anyway. My psychiatrist warned me clearly that I shouldn't drink at all while taking these medications but I'm afraid I chose to ignore her advice. I'm 54 year old. A couple of years ago while taking this stuff, I went to a school reunion and got absolutely bladdered - I mean falling down drunk. Last year while flying to Thailand with my family, I had several drinks (sparkling wine x 4 I think) in the Qantas Club lounge and then popped 100 mg of Seroquel just into the flight. My wife became concerned and called a flight attendant who had a lot of trouble rousing me. It occurs to me now that I may have been near comatose or even death.

All this discussion is an eye opener for me. I don't think I understood just how important it is to avoid or severely limit alcohol while taking this stuff. Maybe I'm lucky still to be around. I'm no alcoholic (they all say that I know) but I have always had trouble stopping at two let alone one drink.

Thanks everyone

Weasel (John in Australia)

Guest stephan

i've been on meds since 2004 on 400mg/day and have been drinking, with the exception of the time i needed to get used to it (probably the entire year of 2005), on a regular basis.. meaning, i get pretty drunk every now and then just like i used to before. the only problems that comes with drinking and seroquel i can think of are liver problems, blackouts, fatigue the following day and increased risk of psychosis. i found it safe to drink about 4-5 beers or a bottle of wine, sometimes a little more, maybe even 2 times a week... but anything beyond that and especially !hard liquor! can get you into serious trouble. i've blacked out once and didn't remember anything but flashing police lights. later i was told i tried to break into some garage.. could have been worse, but this is potentially dangerous shit! i've heard similar stories from others. anyway, if you totally can't do without...keep your hands off of anything with more than say, 14% alcohol, don't drink too fast and have a glass of water every now and then - because the faster you get drunk, the more likely it is that you black out. i also wouldnt recommend taking the pills shortly before or after drinking... this can make you feel pretty bad.

Guest Art

sheiiiit!! I take 200mg of seroquel, amben cr, for sleep, and take like 10mg of xanax, i drink heavily, and no problem, just make sure you dont drie cause you will kill yourself.

you might black out get up and piss on your floor, on your bed, but other than that i think its safe. Ive been drrinking heavily on tons of pills for a while nver had a problem until i was out walking by myslef and i fell and cracked my head open, so stay at home or make sure you have someone with you and no driving.... best advise live life sober. after 14yrs that is what i am trying and wow it is nice!!! Rehab and therapy, and reading is the key!!

Hey, new here. I was just put on Seroquel 25mg (among other drugs) to help me with some paranoia and sleep-related issues with depression. I'm wondering how safe/unsafe alcohol is with this medication. Should I avoid drinking after I've taken it for the night, or should I avoid drinking altogether while taking this medication? I know I -shouldn't- drink with the depression and all that, but I have to live the day-to-day, too. I want to know what the reaction between this drug and alcohol is. I'm not looking for the answer that alcohol furthers my problem at-large, I have a psychiatrist to tell me those bits.

I take 150 mgs of Seroquel an hour before bedtime. I am very cautious with alcohol. Once or twice a month I might have one glass of wine with dinner or a cocktail at a business social function. Then 3 hours later I take my 'Quel. This works for me. However I cannot drink 2 drinks. And I do not do this often.

Guest guest

Hey, new here. I was just put on Seroquel 25mg (among other drugs) to help me with some paranoia and sleep-related issues with depression. I'm wondering how safe/unsafe alcohol is with this medication. Should I avoid drinking after I've taken it for the night, or should I avoid drinking altogether while taking this medication? I know I -shouldn't- drink with the depression and all that, but I have to live the day-to-day, too. I want to know what the reaction between this drug and alcohol is. I'm not looking for the answer that alcohol furthers my problem at-large, I have a psychiatrist to tell me those bits.

I take 150 mgs of Seroquel an hour before bedtime. I am very cautious with alcohol. Once or twice a month I might have one glass of wine with dinner or a cocktail at a business social function. Then 3 hours later I take my 'Quel. This works for me. However I cannot drink 2 drinks. And I do not do this often.

I've drank on seroquel, and I've had everything from gin, vodka, tequila, cognac, brandy, scotch, beer, wine, champagne, rumplemint. I think from it all, my worst experiences have stemmed from tequila, beer, and scotch. The tequila gave me the worst paranoia stemming from my anxiety attacks, I totally blacked out, got loopy, and said some off the wall things for about a week after, my hangover took at least 7 days. The beer, that just made me so drunk instantaneously, and the scotch gave me liver cirrhosis. Once blacked out, I don't know what I did or said, or what even happened. I also started having absence seizures from the tequila, i would have these absence seizures like up to a week after. That's another thing, Seroquel increased my absence seizures, and I don't remember what I say or do when I get these. Also, depending on how much I'd drink, the combination of Seroquel and alcohol just made me go tachycardia, I felt like I was dying half of the time, like my heart was going to explode type of stuff. Granted I was addicted to Seroquel and took anywhere from 200-500 mg per night. It made my anxiety worse, and OCD horrid, so it didn't work for me in the end. I'm now on a very low dose of an SSRI and I feel like it's a better match.

Guest guest user

I just wanted to let you know (not that I suggest it, I'm an impulsive 21 year old) but I am on 300mg of seroquel XR per night and have been for 2 years for bipolar. I didn't drink at all at first couple of months. Now though I go drinking every weekend and the only thing it does to me is intensifies the experience. I have heard that it can make other more serious side effects more likely to occur. I personally haven't had a problem with it. If I drink overly much i skip my dose and never drink AFTER i have taken the medication at night. But it is probably different for everyone just make sure your doctor knows how you are handling it. It doesn't stop my desire to drink or make me tired, but again I say it is different for everyone.

Guest Tania