CrazyBoards.org

Guest Tania

Hi, I used Seroquel, also amongst other medication with alchol and had a seizure which landed me at ER. Furthermore, after 2 years of heavy medication and treatment for various disorders, I considered suicide for the first time in my life. This was 4 years ago. I am now completely free of any medication and no more problems. These drugs lead to worse symptoms - visit www.cchr.org for more info. Leave your medication and LOVE LIFVE!

Lifve.

Lol

I am starting to get used to the sq now and I usually like a beer after work in my hammock (hence the name) I've just started drinking that again last few days and it seems fine. I get home around ten and take my pill around midnight.

Guest jb

i was taking 25mg of prozac 80mg of topamax and 300mg of serquel at night. i also am a heavy drinker. i never had a problem until we uped the serquel to 400mg. i started to hear songs we ever i still. it scared the crap out of of cause didnt figure it out for three days that other people coulded hear them.

Guest karlyne42

I'm on Seroquel, 100mg, and I just started college. Needless to say, I've been going to a lot of parties. Before Seroquel, I would usually get to a 'fun' drunk at seven beers.

With Seroquel, I started feeling very inoxicated after my first beer.

I take Seroquel when I go to sleep, because I cannot sleep without it. So no matter how hammered I am, I take it the moment before I got to sleep. And I've woken up well rested (and alive) everytime.

So, I'm not sure why there is a huge, bold, DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL WHILE TAKING THIS MEDICATION label on my pills.

Be careful though. ;)

I am 100 mg of Seroquel to help me sleep through the night so I take it at night and it's XR. I have started drinking very minimally aka one shot on a full stomach of food and that's it. It's usually also like 25-20 hours after I take the medication anyway so I would think that minimal and controlled consumption of alcohol wouldn't be too harmful just considering the time in between taking it. The bottle says it would just make me drowsy but I haven't even noticed that with alcohol. Then again I don't even drink very much at all in the first place. I'm kind of repeating myself because it's late at night but I guess I am just trying to say that my reasoning tells me that alcohol in moderation a good time after taking Seroquel is not an awful thing to do.

Guest kdog

I've been taking seroquel XR 500mg for two and a half years now. Does alcohol interact differently with the extended release tablets as opposed to the original seroquel?

Ok, I took seroquel (50mg) last night after a drink (just one) and woke up this morning with a horrible headache and feeling really off. My heart is beating really fast and my chest really hurts. My arms keep jerking and I can't stop trembling. I think I'm not getting enough air into my lungs. Should I be worried?

Ok, I took seroquel (50mg) last night after a drink (just one) and woke up this morning with a horrible headache and feeling really off. My heart is beating really fast and my chest really hurts. My arms keep jerking and I can't stop trembling. I think I'm not getting enough air into my lungs. Should I be worried?

Well, the alcohol is out of your system and the halflife of seroquel is 6 hours.

I'd think you be fine physically.

But it sounds like you are having bad panic attacks.

Guest Sideswipe

Last night I drank on 50 mg of seroqel and pissed in my own refrigerator. Seeing how I need the meds to salvage any type of sleep, I don't think I'll be drinking rootbeer again.

I've only been on Seroquel for a few days but the Crazymeds page has me worried so I haven't had a drink and I'm not sure I'll try it. A lot of experiences you guys have had sound fucking awful. I figure when it says "avoid alcohol" in the brochure that comes with the pills it means "drink if you like but be careful and don't sue us" but when it says in bold, block letters "do not drink alcohol" they really mean it. Since started quell I don't really feel like drinking but if I can't anymore... That might really damage my social life :(

Guest Kaz

This is an interesting thread, given as how I've got a pretty chronic alcohol problem and used to drink myself to sleep [still have two or three shots in the morning and another few for lunch and in the evening], and yet my psychiatrist didn't even blink at giving me Seroquel for my insomnia. Admittedly, taking it has reduced my drinking, but I'm kind of concerned now because this level of drinking isn't something that you just... stop.

*am currently down a couple of shots. Had therapy today. Apologies if things are kind of garbled.

Hi All,

I'm new here and new to Seroquel, also new to Cipralex.

I just started taking both meds on Wednesday night and the doc said i can only have 2 cans of beer a week, not even 2 pints! All of your reply's are freaking me out! I had 2 bottles of beer on Tuesday and now could not stop myself and on beer (bottle) no. 6 and final. Should i take my Seroquel? or wait? or what? Please Help!

Oh, i'm on 50mg Seroquel and 10mg Cipralex.

Thanks in advance :-)

Another thing i'm interested in that i have not read on this thread. How about Seroquel and Weed/Pot?

Well here is my update from last night.

I ended up having 4 shots of Brandy after my sixth "FINAL" beer lol, then ended up with a bad headache. I took some Panadol, had a bit of food and then took my Seroquel after one and a half hours later before going to bed.

Just woke up feeling really tired, blurred vision, very thirsty and having a bit of a problem breathing. My breathing could also be from smoking ALOT of cigarettes last night while drinking.

Edited by gee

one really should not be drinking like that on seroquel. the trouble breathing could be extremely serious, dirt nap kind of serious. that kind of combining can kill you.

Anna