CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
dazed and confused

When you're not really sure what your mood is

Does anyone ever have those times where you're a bit uncertain what your mood is? I am definitely not depressed so can cancel that one out. I am very happy but it's more than my usual baseline happiness but I don't feel hypomanic or manic... or maybe I am, sometimes I can't tell. I haven't done anything outrageous yet but I do have a lot of energy (way more than usual) and I'm existing on only a couple of hours of sleep a night. Some nights I don't even bother sleeping. Way too much energy for that but I don't feel out of control so I can't be manic although my thoughts are all over the place don't think it's hypomania either. My thoughts go from being all jumbled up in my head to my head being completely empty like someone has come along and emptied my mind. Then they come back and put all those thoughts back but they're in the wrong order so I can't think straight. I am very happy (even more than usual) but I'm not manic or hypomanic. So what am I?

IMO, it sounds like you are hypomanic.  Or just on the verge of becoming hypomanic.  You are right, it is hard to tell (at least in the beginning) if you are hypo or becoming hypo, or not.

3 minutes ago, dazed and confused said:

I haven't done anything outrageous yet but I do have a lot of energy (way more than usual) and I'm existing on only a couple of hours of sleep a night. Some nights I don't even bother sleeping. Way too much energy for that but I don't feel out of control

When you say "yet," do you mean you feel like you might do something outrageous at one point soon?

Lots of energy, little sleep, thoughts being all over the place, are signs of hypomania.  When I feel anywhere near this (lots of energy and little sleep) I will take something to stop it ... or help it to calm down. 

You may not feel out of control right now, but that could lead to feeling out of control before you know it.

• Like 1

Yeah I say yet because usually something will happen. Usually I'll yell at people for stealing my thoughts or plotting to conspire against me or I make a complete nuisance of myself and annoy the hell out of people or accuse them of doing things. Often times I don't even remember what I do it's like a blank where I can only remember fragments and my mind needs to put it together like a jigsaw but there are pieces missing. I also see signs. I don believe in star signs but when I see signs I read my stars and the stars and the signs align. I'm always fascinated when that happens. Been a few times where my stars have said something and then it happens. The relationship between colours, numbers and letters also become very important. I know there is a link between the three but I've never been able to crack the code. Been trying for years. I nearly did once.

5 minutes ago, dazed and confused said:

Yeah I say yet because usually something will happen.

When you say this, it sounds to me like you already know you are hypomanic, and that usually something will happen (when you are).

Am I understanding this correctly?

• Like 1

I don't know I don't feel hypomanic or manic but my mood is elevated more than usual. Often times I can't tell until a few months later I look back and think yeah those few months I was a bit off my head and very unstable but at the time it's happening I feel normal so don't realise anything is amiss but now I'm recognising my mood is more than my baseline happiness and has been for weeks but I don't think I'm hypomanic or maybe I am and maybe I'm heading for full blown mania. I should do those online mania quizzes.

1 hour ago, dazed and confused said:

I don't know I don't feel hypomanic or manic but my mood is elevated more than usual. Often times I can't tell until a few months later I look back and think yeah those few months I was a bit off my head and very unstable but at the time it's happening I feel normal so don't realise anything is amiss but now I'm recognising my mood is more than my baseline happiness and has been for weeks but I don't think I'm hypomanic or maybe I am and maybe I'm heading for full blown mania. I should do those online mania quizzes.

I think this should be something to bring up with your pdoc.  Even just printing what you've written here, and hand it to pdoc.  And then let pdoc make that decision, whether you are hypo or not.  Better to get it checked early (how you are feeling now) than let it go to mania.  I think your pdoc would appreciate you telling him/her now, as opposed to waiting until you feel out of control, or are dealing with the crash.

If you are heading for a mania I would definitely do something to stop it from happening.  Mania totally sucks, and then you deal with the crash when it ends.  The crash itself makes me stay away from not getting past the hypomania.

• Like 1

This may be entering mania land.

AND SERIOUSLY, WHEN I COME ACROSS MANIA OR HYPOMANIA I DESPERATELY TRY TO KILL IT OFF FAST.  THE LONGER YOU WAIT, THE MORE LIKELY YOU ARE TO WIND UP PSYCHOTIC DELUSIONAL AND IN THE PSYCH UNIT.  9-11 TO YOUR DOC.

I gotta admit, as someone who does the above, my stability remains better, and then I'm more functional.  If you never stop cycling, you never do.  The more time you stay in this state, the more likely you are to end up in the psych unit or depressed when you finally crash.

NO SLEEP FOR even ONE DAY? I'm on the horn to my doc.  Sleep's one of my earliest sx.  Please get help.

Anna

• Like 1

You sound like you're hypo to me. Not sleeping is pretty classic. And you admit you are more energetic than usual. There's something about your writing that seems a little loosey-goosey, too. But I can't put my finger on it. I would not want you to get worse. Please call your pdoc.

• Like 1

On 10/15/2016 at 5:01 AM, dazed and confused said:

Thank you for asking. I am doing very well. I'm very happy and feel as if nothing can get me down. I am invincible. 

Do you have insight as to what is going on and how you are feeling about being invincible?

My advice ... Just want to add that feeling invincible can still be a sign of things to come, so I'd keep an eye on it. If you feel like doing something big that you normally wouldn't do, before you do it, try to think before acting/doing something that you might regret later on.  Please call your pdoc.

Edited by melissaw72
  • Like 1

Dazed-

I'm just going to out and say it: I'm worried about you. After reading your posts, I think you're heading towards mania at a speedy rate. What worries me more is you seem to be thinking it 's a good place to be: that you might finally figure out these color/number/letter puzzle you've been struggling with.

The thing is, there are no answers there. There are just more puzzles and more dangerous situations that might be harmful to your health.

Please talk to your pdoc soon.

Jennifer

Those feelings of elation and contentment are also symptoms of hypo-mania and mania. I am not omniscient, but I am guessing that your feeling that well is a sign that you are not doing well at all. Please, please, please call your pdoc. Don't do this to yourself. It seems like there may still be time to stomp on it, but you have to call your pdoc ASAP.

On October 15, 2016 at 4:01 AM, dazed and confused said:

Thank you for asking. I am doing very well. I'm very happy and feel as if nothing can get me down. I am invincible. 

You've gone nuts. Talk to your doc as quickly as you can, because you're manic and there's no way this is going anywhere good. You are most emphatically not invincible, and I really don't want you to have to find that out the hard way.