CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
dancesintherain

songs tha help you cry

I'm in need of a cry.  I've distracted long enough and bored myself crazy.  I am past that point...I need to actually feel it and because of how far out of touch with my feelings, I need a stimuli. 

Anyone have good "I need to cry" music?  I'll take "might make you cry" music.  I realize this is forcing it to some degree, but so be it.

I know I posted this an hour ago only and its' quite early....but to pre-empt one of the replies....no, I don't want to distract myself from these feelings.  I truly and utterly want to grieve and I truly cannot access the feelings on my own, so I'm hoping that music might get me there because it frequently does. 

So, appreciative of other suggestions i general (maybe for later), but this is really what I want/need right  now.

There's a band called Alcest that I like for this purpose. Their latest record (I have it on vinyl so I can call it that) is pretty much shoegaze, but the first two are darker. I understand the French lyrics though - I'm not sure that it's the lyrics that do it, but maybe it helps? It works for me. If I have time on my hands I watch Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind (or almost anything by Hayao Miyazaki, really). Or the last parts of Last Unicorn.

Also this: 

Thanks Rosie...will listen when not in a grocery store.  I'm not sure i need to understand the lyrics.  I get bits of French here and there but not in musical form (the syllable breakdown makes it hard for me to follow)...but most of the super rage-y ones I can't tell the lyrics anyway.  Something tells me I'll be combining lots of musical genres to see what gets me there.  

Anything other than this numb I've currently got going in response to rejection.  I got angry briefly but that got rejected pretty explicitly and quickly, so it's now in her hands if she ever wants to see me again...and I'm stuck grieving the loss of someone I don't want to lose.  I just need a good cry and I'm so far out of my feelings that it won't come if I don't try.

thanks go ask alice -the losing a friend piece is particularly applicable.  i don't know how i did it.  but i did.

Edited by dancesintherain

I saw a version by a local radio station (same song I'm assuming, just part of her support for people working the land).  very gorgeous.

and rosie,i'm going through the french ;-) I just took a brief nap.

These are not modern songs. These are oldies, but they make me cry every time:

1. Seasons in the Sun - Terry Jacks

2. Honey - Bobby Goldsboro

3. Don't Laugh at Me - Peter, Paul, and Mary

And for a little country:

4. I Just Came Home to Count the Memories - John Anderson 

Older is good also.  Can't listen right now because have to get ready for work soon and don't wantto be crying while gettig dressed, but will hodll this in mind.

I am having the same problem. I hope at least ones of these songs will help

On the nature of daylight - Max Richter
Piano Concerto in A minor 2nd movement - Edvard Grieg
Mad World - Gary Jules
Illusion - VNV Nation
Anna Lee - Dream Theater
Save Me - Aimee Mann
Piano Concerto in G - Ravel
Sleep - Eric Whitacre

These links might also be helpful

http://www.classicfm.com/discover/music/sad-classical-music/#dLLXkas0B4mUkd26.97

: https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2010/nov/07/10-best-classical-tear-jerkers-fiona-maddocks

Edited by y1gFwo

Flags of the Old Regime hits a cord in me or some Stained tracks from 2001