CrazyBoards.org

mania from celexa and crappy pdoc

I have been on several medications for BP, without my doc saying im BP he just say's organic mood disorder whatever the hell that is.

Anyway he put me on celexa and abilify at a very low dose 5mg of the abilify, and took me off Trileptal.

Anyway needless to say Im so manic I can't stand it Im about to jump out of my skin.

I think I need A new doc, What do yall think ?

I have been on several medications for BP, without my doc saying im BP he just say's organic mood disorder whatever the hell that is.

Anyway he put me on celexa and abilify at a very low dose 5mg of the abilify, and took me off Trileptal.

Anyway needless to say Im so manic I can't stand it Im about to jump out of my skin.

I think I need A new doc, What do yall think ?

how long have you been seeing him?  how long are you appointments?  how stable were you before he messed with your meds?

I was good and stable. My visits are a whole 15 minutes he never writes anything down and forgets half of what he has me on.

from my own experience, the one doc that i had that messed with my cocktail when i was already stable, and who also only saw me for 15 minutes, was a very bad doctor and he never startred listening to me... just kept making more and more changes/=.

pulling someone who is bp (but stable) off off their main mood stabilizer and sticking them on an ssri seems really odd to me.  ssris, as stated above, are just asking for mania.

i agree with you that he's made a werid med switch for you, and it seems to be having nasty consequences.  i'd say to follow your gut instinct, and if you think this guy sucks, find someone who will listen and will only make med changes when you need them. 

Archived