CrazyBoards.org

Dude....

I reached into the oven last night for the tuna casserole with one hand completely bare, and grabbed a 375 degree pan with my bare fingers.

How DUMB was that? Who the hell tries to pull a hot casserole dish out an oven bare handed? AIIIIGH!

Three burned and blistered fingers for my moment of amazing ADD. Worse, it's my fretboard hand. I can't play guitar until it heals.

I blame it on an overdose of Descartes and his navel gazing essay "Reality Consists of Mind and Matter"

May I be excused? My brain is full.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, my half brother did that once at a job he was working at.....

he had orignally pulled the sheets out with mitts and placed them somewhere and told everyone in the kitchen "THESE SHEETS ARE HOT!"  took off the mitts, turned around and immediately grabbed the same sheets...

d'oh.

sorry bout the burn.  hope it heals quick. and your not dumb.  EVERYONE does it once.

and really...i can relate 101 silly stories about my family while you heal....

maddy.

YAY a new dude thread! now i can join in on the ADDness. 

I just... don't have the attention span to catch up on the old one.  i've tried many times but something always distracts me.

i want those things on TV, the "ov gloves" because i burn the fuck out of my hands all the time.  even on the stupid toaster oven.

though, i have pot holders and i rarely remember to put them on...

i got a cute vintage apron with puppies embroidered on it as a present from my step mom and her mom.  i wish it had matching oven mits like lucy had when she wore aprons on "i love lucy"

(p.s. the firefox spell checker rocks.  apparently i generaly can't spell remember.  i skip the secon em ..)

Gardening gloves work great and are less likely to slip out of your hand. I tend to find them before

I find the potholders anyway.

This from the person who shoved his hand into the open wall receptable 5 times (um,  or so),

each time saying "I've *got* to get that wall switch replaced" . At least I'd placed insulated lugs

on the wires when I pulled the switch.

Heya,

Not ADD that I know of, but I liked your title, so I read it, and here I am.

Oh yeah, I have done that.

I was housesitting when I was about 17.

I broiled a steak.

I took out the pan without mitts.

I dropped it and melted the throw rug, and burnt the tile.

Fortunately, the house was near the hospital, and my parents *still* don't know.

I also (on the same job) chopped up the lawnmower cord *twice* by running it over with the lawnmower.  I learned a lot about electrical tape.

Luckily, when they came home a few days later, the teachers I was housesitting for thought this was endearing and were more concerned about my 2nd-degree burns (my reflexes were fast, anyway, so not 3rd-degree like they should have been).

--ncc--

Ohhhhyeah...

When I was 16 I tried to fix a broken wire on a string of Christmas lights.

While they were plugged in.

All went fine until my fingers slipped from the rubber insulated handles of the needle nose pliers.

ZZZZZZZZZZZT!

Once I reagined conciousness, I learned not to try to fix things while they were PLUGGED IN.

I grabbed the oven shelf to move it the other night. Oven mitt holding casserole dish on the right hand, hey, why not just grab the shelf with a (duh) bare hand?

Yeah, Savage, my "work" is about 20 yards from the house.

ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I was once physically knocked away from a live wire by the on-site electrician.  It would appear I was going to move it out of my way to paint, and that this was very dumb.  Okay. 

I have grabbed a sheet of cookies without an oven mitt.  I've also tried to unscrew a hot lightbulb -- the day before my first guitar lesson.  Dammit! 

Considering most of these were on work sites, perhaps we can conclude that work makes me dumb(er). 

I actually worked as an electrician for about 2 years. After being shocked repeatedly cause I didn't pay enough attention, including once getting started talking and casually leaning my hand on the wall and touching a braeker box backplate(And being rolled across the ground by it), I decided it wasn't for me.

I've stuck lit cigarettes behind my ears when I went to do something with my hands.

I've dropped things in boiling water and reached in to get them out.

I've cut an oxygen acetylene torch line with the torch it was running and set a good portion of my house aflame. (Think a fire hose shooting flames instead of water.)

Once one of my friends had to tackle me to stop me trying to pull a stick out of the blade of a running lawnmower. (The blade wasn't moving! Granted the stick had it jammed...)

So far my favorite ADHD story was hot-starting my car (Involves running juice directly to the starter, which is underneath the car) while the car was in gear and being drug for half a block.

I'm not sure how much of these is ADHD and how much is just being a stupid male. I'll get my Darwin Award one day.

I haven't found an ADHD medication yet that didn't make me go manic and start doing stupid things on purpose instead of by accident, so now I just work on computers and trip over things a lot. ;)

Now to go shopping...as soon as I find my keys. Damn gnomes keep hiding them.

Sorry about the burn, but I had to laugh in sympathetic empathy.

I always tend to stir hot foods with metal implements, like a regular fork. And then when I go to taste whatever it is that I've been stirring. And burn my tongue.

Repeatedly. This is why I do not cook. Bagged salads all the way.

Oh man, and I just had a flashback. As a teenager, driving in my '68 mustang. Flicked my cigarette out the window.... uh, the window was closed. Landed behind the front seat on the car mat. Too stoned to notice til I started smelling it burn.

Wow, had forgotten about that one...

Oh man, and I just had a flashback. As a teenager, driving in my '68 mustang. Flicked my cigarette out the window.... uh, the window was closed. Landed behind the front seat on the car mat. Too stoned to notice til I started smelling it burn.
That is hilarious!  I can just see it.  And I probably did it. ;)

Haha, that sounds familiar... the back seat of my old car was full of holes from cigarette burns. I used to do a lot of stupid things while driving high, like stopping at green lights and trying to take a left when there is no road to the left. Ahh the memories.  ;)

Thanks!!! I'll keep ya'll updated. Maybe I'll actually be able to get some shit done at work and finish some projects at home I've been putting off.

Quick question for those taking Adderall, do you have to pick up a new prescription every month? If so do you go to a pdoc or a general practicioner? Is it hard to find a pharmacy with it in stock?

Archived