CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
Mike3335

How can I regain trust with a close friend who I had a falling out with?

I have a friend who for a while I felt was being a real know it all.  She would share her opinion when know one asked for it and was very stubborn about being right 99% of the time.  I finally called her out on it and we got into an argument and didn't talk much for a year.  Now we are spending time together more often but she still feels like she has to walk on eggshells around me (she told me she doesn't want to trigger me).  I will admit that I am sensitive at times, but she also doesn't think before she speaks and offends people in our friend group.  Sometimes I think we just don't mix well but I don't want to give up on the friendship.

How can I politely tell her that all I want is for her to speak her mind but be more tactful about it and not so sure that she is always right?

Hi, moving this to the relationships board. No worries. 

Hi, moving this to the relationships board. No worries. 

Talk to her when you two are alone, and tell her just what you told us.  It's fine to express an opinion, but tact is always good, and all of us have to realize that we aren't right 100% of the time.  If she doesn't take it well, maybe she isn't someone you should include in your social circle.

olga