CrazyBoards.org

Why is it I jump to such life ending conclusions?

I come down with "insomnia" from time to time, the last couple taking the longest to straighten themselves out, but both coming from (I think) changes in medication coupled with the winter blues.  Last few weeks I've had trouble fallin asleep and get up to take xanax to put me out.  I'm feelin okay during the day (thank God!) but this continuing cycle is making me crazy.  I know a lot of you can relate but what upsets me is the thoughts that pop up in my head at night thinking I'd rather die than go through this all over again.  Seriously.  Instead of just relaxing and dealing with it I almost pray for a bus to run me over.  I'm taking 30 mg of Cymbalta about 2 1/2 weeks now in the a.m. and that's it other than the .5 to .75 of xanax when I can't sleep.  Help me get through this!

I see the dr. on Thursday.  It was kinda my suggestion that I start with 30 for a while longer this time.  I was on 60 for about 5 months but it seemed to wake me up during the night for some reason.  I suspect on Thursday she'll want to up me to 60 but I'm gonna talk about the possibility of adding something else to the mix.  I've noticed that Cymbalta does help with keeping my feet somewhat on the ground instead of falling too far into the depths of hell, but alas if I can get this sleep thing under control I think I wouldn't feel so suicidal (or should I say hopeless?).  Thanks for your replies.  Kris.

Hi Kris,

Lack of sleep knocks me to my knees. It just wears down the brain and emotions. I've been struggling with little sleep the past 2 weeks due to sleep apnea problems and was spiraling down and thinking grim thoughts a few days ago.

Somehow I managed to get a few more hours of sleep the last three nights.  I'm exhausted, but it was just enough to lift me up yesterday and not be pondering the futility of struggling on.

Bottom line:  You haven't gotten the right med combo yet. When you see the Pdoc next, be sure to give him the full story of how low you are, and how desparate.  Don't minimize or sugar coat it. When things get bad, putting on a brave face for the doc and struggling on doesn't cut it.

Best,

A.M.

OMG you are so right.  I try hard to convince everyone I'm okay (spec. my kids - lord know kids have enough to worry about).  Seems to have been the story of my life, keep it quiet, don't make too much noise and no one will notice you.  Now that I've reached my 40's, fuck that all.  Little by little I'm coming out of that perfect shell.  Thanks for your reply - and I think you're right, I'm not on the right med combo yet.  Kris.

Archived