CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
IcePrincess88

How much do you sleep?

Sometimes very broken sleep from nightmares. But often 12 or more hours when I'm feeling low. I just feel like I can't get up and waste so many days sleeping until the afternoon. 

On 12/11/2016 at 3:39 AM, melissaw72 said:

Same thing with me ... but with a nap sometime in the day.  I wish though I could sleep the entire night though.

I've totally been known to take a 30-minute cat nap during my lunch break at work. It's awful, I need something that will keep me up. Even my Adderall doesn't do it these days!

2 minutes ago, heilmania said:

I've totally been known to take a 30-minute cat nap during my lunch break at work. It's awful, I need something that will keep me up. Even my Adderall doesn't do it these days!

Ha! I took a nap today at work. I leaned back on my chair and fell asleep. Unfortunately my coworker woke me up when she knocked on my door.

There have been times when I don't sleep at night so instead I show up early and sleep for a few hours in the late morning.

1 minute ago, iaawal said:

Ha! I took a nap today at work. I leaned back on my chair and fell asleep. Unfortunately my coworker woke me up when she knocked on my door.

There have been times when I don't sleep at night so instead I show up early and sleep for a few hours in the late morning.

The shit we do to get some damn rest. I am at the point where I can easily fall asleep anywhere, any weird position. It's crazy. 

1 hour ago, heilmania said:

My naps usually are about an hour long, like almost to the minute.  That amount of time helps me get through the day.  Sometimes I've needed up to 3 of those naps/day.  Not much, but sometimes I just can't make it through the day with only one nap, like when I am in a severe depression or physically exhausted or something.

1 hour ago, IcePrincess88 said:

I feel like I didn't properly nap if I don't sleep at least 2 1/2 hours. Ideally, I'd prefer 3-4 hours.

Same here! I worked from home today (thank god for -5 degree weather - no one showed up) and I took a 3 hour nap after the phone meeting we had.

• Like 1

Euthymic I need 9-10 hours with Modafinil... huge improvement from 12-13 hours before starting it. When manic it's more like 4-6 hours, and when depressed it can get up to 20 hours.

On meds I get about 10 hours on average, without meds it can range from no sleep at all to 3 hours.

• Like 1

About 9-12hours seems like what our body 'wants'. When we give it less than that we usually do awfully. But often we'll stay up all night, either due to nerves/adrenaline/stress or to simply 'cycle it back round' to 9pm-10pm ish, but that usually only lasts a day or two before it does whatever it wants.

Whisper

• Like 1

Without Trazadone, or something equally as sedating, I can not sleep at all. There was nights that I let my meds lapse, and didn't have anything to take; and I literally laid in my bed with my eyes closed THE ENTIRE NIGHT and never fell asleep. I guess I have to have my brain shut down with meds to be able to sleep or I'll just lay there all night with my mind going 100 miles an hours.

10-11 hours, and this was before I was ever on psychiatric medication. when i get very sick i sleep up to 20 hours. i currently need to take vyvanse or some other ADHD stimulant. i used to be on modafinil but my insurance stopped covering it.

I get 6-7 hours depending on what drug combo I'm taking. When I luck out and sleep for 8 hours, I feel great. Less than that, and I'm sluggish if functional. My real problem now is that I just got an APAP machine, and the mask tends to keep me awake. Still working on that.