CrazyBoards.org

Prevention

;) I was just put on Z and I feel my old binge and purge urges coming back. I'm so terrified to gain an ounce, and I've already watched my weight go up a couple of dress sizes...

please, how can I be healthy and not let the ED out and not get fat?

When I started on Efexor my anorexic issues came out.....and it was the other way and I lost several pounds at least with no appetite etc.....so I understand where you're coming from.

Maybe its started to settle into your system the ED things will calm....

and I suggest---

Discuss with your doc and therapist....who will be able to monitor it from a physical and emotional angle. (and change you to another med if need be.maybe.)

maybe look at the emotional issues behind the pinging and purging---what is it about for you? control? (I know I feared losing control of my body and mind my first time on ADs.....my first time on psych meds)

plenty of heathy food and exercise--make a shopping list and be firm with yourself

keep a journal of your thoughts and feelings to help you keep track

not sure if that helps....someone else may be more knowledgable about Z and your type of ED.

i know u dont want to hear this but i will tell u any way.

i went on zyprexa about 5weeks ago and with in a week i was binging and purging everyday sometimes more then once a day after nearly a year of not doing it. i was in hospital when i started this and one of the nurses confided in me that this was a common side effect of the drug that she had seen and she said i should demand to be taken off it.

3 weeks later i had enough and my doc agreed it wasnt working i have been off it nearly a week now and havent had the urge to binge and purge since i stopped it. still waiting though for my appetite to go back to normal.

I have another pdoc appointment on the 6th and I'll bring that up for sure. I either stop eating or start binging/purging. I've never actually told my pdoc about my ED issues- for some reason, I thought I could control it.

ED is just a messed up control game...

I'll demand something better...

Tried all the AAP drugs there are!

I actually had the opposite effect with Zyprexa..

I weighed about 100 lbs when they put me on it ( I was fully anorexic/bulimic at the time) and I was also hospitalized a week later for my psychotic/manic episode or whatever you want to call it...this was june. Come january, roughly 6-7 months later, I was at a shocking 185!!!! And I'm only 5'3, barely. Luckily I immediately went on the Dr. Bernstein diet and I'm at a more reasonable weight now I guess, not that I'm happy with it..

anywho, not sure if my little blab on there helps really, but

Archived