CrazyBoards.org

OK- END OF PAXIL

No one can tell me that I'm not addicted to Paxil. The withdrawl is so terrible, with worse symptoms (for ME) than I've ever seen in a smoker. Goddess, sometimes I just can't live wtih myself.

I told my pdoc today that I'd keep the Zyprexa and we'd trade on it, getting rid of the Paxil. Something had to go or I'd turn into a total cow, and I've been on the warpath against the Paxil for some time now. It only makes the manias worse and I'm only on it because I'm ADDICTED to it.

It has been my double-edged sword for so long- bringing me my highest manias and deepest depressions (upon attempting to quit).

She says the Z will keep down the Pax withdrawl and that I can take motion sickness medication for the dizzy feelings I get.

Cross your fingers and toes and eyes for me- I'm cutting from 20 today to 10, and 10 for 5 days then nothing...

counting counting counting

I asked about bridging with Prozac and also the liquid to lessen the dose. She says I'm strong enough to give it the go. Strong??!! Right use of the word in this context?! Counting.

She said to call if I get bad and she'll call in some WB for me. Great comfort! lol ;)

Good luck!

I dropped from 25 mgs of PaxilCR to nothing, but bridged it with 20 mgs of Prozac.

I still felt kind of flu-like, and would have random loss of muscle control- I would stumble a lot or fall over or my  hand would go limp and I would drop something.

I don't know that Wellbutrin would be effective in bridging the Paxil gap, as it doesn't work on seratonin.  But I am not AT ALL sciencey and you would really need to talk to someone more qualified than me to get a real answer about that.

What you have sounds like a very reasonable taper schedule... I think that you should probably be fine.  Paxil is a beast to get off of, so feel free to take it as slow as you need to.

;)

Yeah, what a beast!! GGGRRRR!!!

The idea with the WB isn't to bridge, but to replace an AD with one that will work and will have fewer side effects, and not conjure images of myself as a junkie every time I pop a pill. My mind is an interesting place ;)

good luck!

i was actually on paxil during my teens and i would just stop it randomly (I was on 25-50mg) because well, to be honest, i couldn't cum on the god damned med.  i can't BELIEVE i freakin' did that with no side effects.  then i would take it again, get sick, then go off it again.

yeah i'm lucky to be here o_O

i hope everything goes smoothly there.  or at least not so bumpy o_o

dropping paxil kinda sucks, I did it from 40mg cold turkey in highschool. I passed out in my math exam, and spent days crying from rebound depression/pain. But i find it easy to tell, when it's getting worse or better, and the first day you feel better than the day before, rejoyce, because its almost over.

Its agonizing, but if you can stick it out long enough, it will end.

Just wanted to pass on my support to you in the odious task of quitting Paxil, Ive been there, tis a miserable hell indeed. But hang on in there and once you have quit, you will feel so great and proud of yourself! Good luck and lots of love

Blackbird (qutting Prozac at the mo  ;) )

I'm in the midst of Paxil hell right now, and I can't believe how badly it makes me feel.  I went from 20 mg to 10mg for about a week, and have not taken any for 6 days now, and it's amazing how badly it's affecting me.  This is with me going on Prozac for almost 2 weeks now, but the withdrawal just hit me this week.  No problem from 20 to 10, just a few days after tapering off to nothing is when it got to me.  My first anti depressant was Effexor XR, and that was hell too, and tapering off of Paxil reminds me of what that experiment was like.  I'm having the brain zaps, flu like symptoms, irritability, almost an out of body experience at times.  I know this won't last forever and that's what's keeping me going, but you certainly aren't alone. 

Just my current experience, everyone deals with withdrawal differently, but it majorly affects me, and I'll make it through.  So can you.  It just won't be easy.

I've mentioned to my pdoc that Paxil withdrawl has left me psychotic and put me in the Loony bin before, and she said that without working, that I will have the low enough stress levels to battle it. She just said to take klonopin when feeling like shit...

This is my last day of 10mg, then NOTHING. No Prozac, nothing.

I'm sorry y'll have had shitty experiences quitting this poison. My savior and my damnation. Saved my life and almost claimed it. I can't say I regret it, but I wish I had been informed...

I was 17, vERY suicidal, and here came this magic pill that actually caused a mania. After the depressive phase, the mania was such a godsend...

No one warned me or my parents...

As I mentioned above, my pdoc offered to call in some WB for me. I think I'm going to take her up on it. Or wait for Abilify to kick in (at 5mg now)

I didn't see this thread before I replied in the other one. D'oh! I hope that other post doesn't sound too condescending. I didn't know about all this other stuff when I posted it. At any rate, I am still cheering for you, and we're still here to listen and encourage you through this crap.

No issue Serra! Why not put your kitty in a cheerleading outfit too? I bet that would be cute! ;)

Today is the first Paxil-free day...after 10mg to nothing...with Lamictal and Abilify and Klonopin to control me!

I NEED TO BE CONTROLLED LOL

I read in abilify's PI sheet today taht it doesn't play nice with paxil. gee, good thing i'm not taking it anymore! now i seem to have a problem with staying on my feet. i keep falling. i cracked my head pretty good twice in the last 2 days. i'm trying to be careful until i detox.

---------detoxification----------

I am on my 2nd Paxil weaning.  I can't believe that I let my pdoc convince me to try it again.  The first time, I used samples of Paxil CR and it seems the symptoms weren't so bad.  I think it took me about 4 months to get off totally.

I am weaning off again, as I type.

My trusty friend - Sea Bands.  Those bands that you put on your wrist to help with dizziness and sea sickness.  They work wonders!

Archived