CrazyBoards.org

Since getting canned and being ordered by my pdoc to go on SSDI and not work or study until further notice, I have decided to write a book or something for us MI folks about non-medicinal things we can do to help ourselves along. I already started and am enthused about it.

What do you want to know about?

I know someone so much like you.  She doesn't have a degree yet, but you react to things in such similar ways, and have such similar ideas, and have so much of the same attitude (at least, from what I see online).  If I ever laugh in one of your threads and you don't know why, that's why.  This is a good thing, in my estimation.  She's one of my best friends. 

I operate on the basic ideas that adequate, regular sleep, plus balanced, regular meals and moderate, regular exercise go far in nailing down the bipolar beast.  This also reduces my urges to binge, lowers my anxiety level, and helps me chill out a bit more so I can engage in the real world.  It's just very, very, very hard to practice all three things.  I'm working on it. 

Sunshine is good.  And kittens.  I am being serious.

creativity.....poetry, dance.....how these things can be therapeutic....

on that note,I read this book about depression and creativity and a lot of it I disagreed with "Van Gogh's Blues" its called..might be worth reading it....

and good luck ;)

Archived